Couple of Ranch Finds, Any Ideas?

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres a couple of things I found today on the ranch my sisters live on. I was picking up around the wood shed out back when I found the red thing. Its glass or porcelain or whatever, and it looks vintage. What it is though, I cant say. The metal thing looks like it was sharpened at the end. It looks familiar, but I cant think of what its called, if anything at all. I dont know if its homemade on the ranch or something you can buy in a hardware store, so let me know what you guys think. And if you need more photos, dont hesitate to ask. Thanks

DSC04534.jpg DSC04535.jpg

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
The iron piece looks like an old-style blade from a flail mower.

Upvote 0

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could the red/white porcelain thing be the top to an old milk bottle?

It's looks oddly familiar, but of course, those kinds of milk bottles were just a little before my time.

Upvote 0

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The iron piece also resembles the shape of jade adze's used for woodworking by the Northwest Coast Indians...they used it to chop out canoe's among other things. The profile is really similar.
The tool looks crude, almost hand forged and seems to have some age.
Another search word could be a spade...
Good luck!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking the same, it does look old, and I found it out back next to this old ford pickup thats been sitting there for years. Im thinking it came out of the truck, and may have been found about and about when the truck was still driveable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe, but Ive never seen anything like it before, and glass milk bottles are a bit before my time as well. Thanks

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread