Couple of silver rings

The Gemologist

Sep 8, 2006
Seattle, WA
I went out to slosh around in the wet Seattle weather and hit a beach park with a buddy.

I have a DFX so i've been trying new settings with it to improve my coin and silver count. My buddy after a year still doesn't want to chance and expand the setting. He just stays with the factory pre set.

Well after an hour of clad clad, clad, it finally hit two silver rings about 50 feet apart.

I'm glad I increased my sensitivity and here's the proof.

Attachments

• IMG_1633.JPG
    IMG_1633.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 295
Upvote 0

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score man, Ya I know its hard for some people to go from what they know and try the new! But thats what makes metal detecting, trying new things and making new discoveries! GREAT JOB ON THE SILVER RINGS!!!

Crackbadger

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is so weird that you posted that. Earlier this year i found these two rings in the same hunt. What are the odds?

Attachments

• IMG_0861.JPG
    IMG_0861.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 315
OP
OP
The Gemologist

The Gemologist

Sep 8, 2006
Seattle, WA
That's freaky, your rings look better than mine LOL

By the way were you at a Beach Park, if you were that would be very strange indeed

Tom

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two very pretty rings, Geo! And neat about you two finding two of the same!

Congrats! Nana :)

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found mine at a school in upstate New York.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Way to go on some cool silver rings!

OP
OP
The Gemologist

The Gemologist

Sep 8, 2006
Seattle, WA
how funny to find the same style rings---clear across the country---both on the same day of a hunt.

I wonder if any body else had the same experience of finding matching items

Oh well congrats to you too Evolution

Southern_Boy

Feb 2, 2007
New York State..Vestal, NY
Detector(s) used
Fischer CZ-3D
Wow! That is strange that you and Evolution found the same style of rings. Evolution, what area in Upstate New York do you search in? I live in the Binghamton area...always looking to connect with people and develop hunting buddys.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Southern_Boy said:
Wow! That is strange that you and Evolution found the same style of rings. Evolution, what area in Upstate New York do you search in? I live in the Binghamton area...always looking to connect with people and develop hunting buddys.
Albany NY area Southern-boy. My grandparents were originally from Owego NY. Get out there and find us some more silver Gemologist! Or maybe even some gold. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread