xcolo1

Sep 8, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT 1 million
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of "whats that?" today.
Walled in courtyard at 1875 Mt.Vernon mansion in Baltimore. 60'X120' I've only finished half of it, gonna finish the rest on Friday. Found a lot of clad, 8 keys!, some silver Zuni jewelry, some furniture pieces, old nails. Surprisingly very little trash. First is a small piece with England written on one side and Francis on the other. Nice patina. the rest, not a clue. oh the one I know its a nail. I thought it was interesting that the nail was threaded through head. Not typical.

Attachments

• IMG_1150.jpg
    IMG_1150.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 124

Dr Freezelove

Aug 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one item with the machined grooves looks like a silent dog whistle I once owned. Does the center part turn and open a tiny valve?

Upvote 0

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going with the razor handle, And fishing sinker also. And maybe a decrative head for the nail................jmho................HH

Upvote 0

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
T 081012 Razor Side.jpg Hello Xcolo1. I don't know about the other items but the top middle knurled find is part of a saftey razor as duffytrash says. Here is a pic of a complete one I dug at a 1930's home site. Mine says Gillette on it and I think it is from the 1920's. Nice finds and good luck out there.

C9

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread