May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a short solo hunt today of just 3 hours. Sadly since my last hunt on this land some scumbag has being detecting & leaving real messy holes. They must of spotted me & thought it a good place to go, what I hate more than those that never gain permission, is those that leave bad holes which the farmer 'might' think was me. This farmer was the most anti-detectorist guy in my area, so it took us years to win him around, so its annoying that some idiot is putting that at risk. Oh well, onto the finds they never got;

I gridded over an area that Dad & I had already done with different machines, I wanted to test the Deus for depth again.

Today was the first time I was seriously impressed. I dug a 12" deep Roman Coin on land that was last ploughed in the Medieval period! This beats my deepest Roman Coin by 2 inches.

Also got a Tudor Buckle & one of my best Medieval Spindal Whorls.

Lastly an extremely rare Tin James II Farthing circa 1685(very poor condition)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 112
Upvote 6
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what it is to have bandit detectorists come in on your permissions! Cant stand that crap.

Yes, 12" is impressive!

For the size of the coin it is.

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to meet one of these idiots....
Good finds anyways. Very nice spindle whorl, complete buckle and knowing the Deus picks up small coins 12" deep makes it a good day!

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Mid Atlantic / East coast
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, just getting to grips with the settings.

Thats what I have been using at this new site and I am not getting anything super deep which is bothering me some. Next time I'll try opening it up more (less reactivity/ silencer) in the areas away from the iron. Will also haul the CTX out there. Should be much deeper items there. There isnt much mineralization.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread