Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill, you realize those that notify your phone require phone service for the camera. A monthly fee unless I am mistaken. My buddy on Virginia uses those. I can get the name of equipment and service if you want.
Thank you for sharing I won’t get that kind as nice as it is as the phone ..tv etc .service is quite expensive now

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any idea what kind of hawk? Cooper maybe. Too small for Red-tailed.
I don’t know what kind it is but looks like it has a good appetite and eats well as it has a fat belly.
The hawk has been here for quite some time now and favors that tree..We added a triple window and it’s nice to be able to see so much now

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t know what kind it is but looks like it has a good appetite and eats well as it has a fat belly.
The hawk has been here for quite some time now and favors that tree..We added a triple window and it’s nice to be able to see so much now
I hear you. We have a hawk living in wood behind our house now. The birds do not like it. I think they are signing a recall petition.

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
The coyotes last night let us know that they were on the prowl close to the house.
I went out this morning and took some pictures.I want to get a good trail camera any recommendations
Moultrie has a Walmart only version for $61 that for a few bucks a moth will send photos to your computer and cell phone.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moultrie has a Walmart only version for $61 that for a few bucks a moth will send photos to your computer and cell phone.
I hope to get a camera in the future but after the storm I have some tree damage that I need to fix

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you. We have a hawk living in wood behind our house now. The birds do not like it. I think they are signing a recall petition.
This time of year we have a lot of Harriers,they fly very low over open fields and eat mice and rats they catch there.Very calming and serene to watch them as they work a field.I do love me some hawks,noble birds indeed!

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This time of year we have a lot of Harriers,they fly very low over open fields and eat mice and rats they catch there.Very calming and serene to watch them as they work a field.I do love me some hawks,noble birds indeed!
Yes, much more noble than the dreaded Blue Backed WashingtonBuzzards.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, much more noble than the dreaded Blue Backed WashingtonBuzzards.
A little while ago I made a right turn while driving and a large buzzard was in my lane eating on a road kill .Its wing span was so so large that trying to take off it nearly hit the windshield

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep,not so pretty close up,but when riding a thermal,very graceful flyers!
I,m always looking up,just to see what I can see.Drives my wife crazy for some reason on a trip.She,s always asking me,what are you looking at? When I point out a hawk or buzzard she just shakes her head.That,s OK.People been doing that around me since I was a wee lad!!!

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep,not so pretty close up,but when riding a thermal,very graceful flyers!
That’s so true..it’s amazing how they glide in the currents..sometimes when the sun is shining and I’m outside here comes a big shadow of a bird flying overhead and I look up to see the large buzzard passing by

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread