Cracker Barrel: We screwed up big time

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Cracker Barrel: We screwed up big time | Fox News

“We were flat out wrong."

That’s the message Cracker Barrel is sending to enraged customers after the restaurant chain removed Duck Dynasty items from its stores over fears it might offend people.

“Our intent was to avoid offending but that’s just what we’ve done,” Cracker Barrel said in a statement posted on its Facebook page. “You told us we made a mistake. And, you weren’t shy about it. You wrote, you called and you took to social media to express your thoughts and feelings.”

One of those customers was Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council. He said his family has eaten in nearly every Cracker Barrel in the country.

“Cracker Barrel must be off their rocker,” he said in a statement to Fox News. “For Cracker Barrel to take the bait of an organization like GLAAD, which has led the attack on Phil Robertson, they are betraying the values of the vast majority of their customers.”

The restaurant chain known for its country cooking admitted they were wrong and not only offered an apology, but ordered Duck Dynasty products be returned to their stores immediately.

“Today, we are putting all our Duck Dynasty products back in our stores,” Cracker Barrel stated. “And, we apologize for offending you.”

Cracker Barrel took action on Friday after Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson was indefinitely suspended from the popular A&E show for making comments the network found offensive to homosexuals.

Workers were instructed to remove all merchandise that featured Robertson, local reports alleged.

The outrage and condemnation from loyal Cracker Barrel customers was swift. Thousands posted messages on Facebook vowing to eat their biscuits and country fried steak somewhere else.

Among those who took offense was former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee.

“I have no respect for a company that bows to the slightest pressure from the politically correct,” Huckabee wrote on Facebook.

(What I say here is since when was GLAAD politically correct?)

Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This ''Political Correctness'' crap is just getting totally out of hand!

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey ADS!! AMERICA!! GOOD POST!! MERRY CHRISTMAS AND GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not politically correct.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just give it time Smokey - "They" will force you to be PC!!!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read that buying duck dynasty stuff makes money for a&e, buying duck commander makes money for the robertson's

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
speechless.
With all due respect is it really that surprising that the general public is sick and tired of the rabid liberals & their "politically correct" garbage trying to change everything about our traditional way of life ? I'm done arguing with you man, and not at all looking for an argument or to swap insults. Just stating facts. This whole Phil Robertson thing is not the issue. It was just the trigger that caused the old school people like most of us to stand up and say ENOUGH. The gay folks & the Muslim folks and the Black folks and whoever else thinks they're "oppressed" are absolutely entitled to their rights but don't trample on ours in the process. Your boys just got told to BACK OFF. Odd that it took a grizzly old hillbilly "reality tv" star to bring it about but whatever works. If you think this was only about a tv show you're not paying attention. :thumbsup:

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NHB - You have no idea how sick and tired I am of these Lib's. They push this perverson in the schools, elementary, middle and High. Not to mention you can't even watch TV anymore. Thank God for re-runs. the only thing I watch anymore are old Andy Griffith shows < - Man the good old days

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
andy was best without argument

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That's a win for A&E. A&E owns not only the show, but all rights to the show and all merchandise rights. So those who complained to Cracker Barrel because they side with Phil can now enrich those who suspended him every time they buy a DD product! Weird how that works huh?

My guess is that those outraged at the CB decision aren't aware of that.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
NHB - You have no idea how sick and tired I am of these Lib's. They push this perverson in the schools, elementary, middle and High. Not to mention you can't even watch TV anymore. Thank God for re-runs. the only thing I watch anymore are old Andy Griffith shows < - Man the good old days
This was at one of the local car shows we went to this Summer.

Attachments

• Mayberry Sherrifs Car-1.JPG
    Mayberry Sherrifs Car-1.JPG
    187.9 KB · Views: 97
  • Mayberry Sherrifs Car-2.JPG
    Mayberry Sherrifs Car-2.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 95

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
NF I believe the comments by some of the others that the Duck Dynasty name belongs to A&E and the Duck Commander name belongs to the Robertsons is true but to be honest I don't own any of their swag and don't plan to. If someone wants me to promote their stuff on a t-shirt I believe the shirt should be free. I'm funny like that. Again.. it was never about a tv show...

Flex68

Dec 10, 2013
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Currently researching to buy
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I don't pretend to have a clue what the contract language between A&E and the Robertsons or their company/companies might be, but even a Louisiana hick would likely have had enough business sense (and lawyers and accountants to assist and advise) to have gotten a percentage of any sales of items containing their likenesses.

And I don't believe that the point of folks being "outraged" at Cracker Barrel had nearly as much to do with who makes the most $$ from sales of Duck Dynasty merchandise as it did the fact that this supposedly 'Southern' or 'country' restaurant IMMEDIATELY jumped on the liberal/PC/GLAAD bandwagon when the bulk of their customer base would have been on exactly the opposite side of that argument, and standing pretty solidly with Phil....

Too many people, organizations, corporations, etc. in this country currently fearful of loud, rabid minorities who have browbeaten the public/majorities for a handful of years!
Not to mention the level of apathy that abounds.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kill gay whales for Jesus!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a win for A&E. A&E owns not only the show, but all rights to the show and all merchandise rights. So those who complained to Cracker Barrel because they side with Phil can now enrich those who suspended him every time they buy a DD product! Weird how that works huh?

A&E owns Duck Dynasty, Robertson's own all rights to Duck Commander which has been their family business since 1973, this is the reason people were saying boycott Duck Dynasty merchandise and buy Duck Commander.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A&E owns Duck Dynasty, Robertson's own all rights to Duck Commander which has been their family business since 1973, this is the reason people were saying boycott Duck Dynasty merchandise and buy Duck Commander.

Weird how that works.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread