Crackheads Lead Me to a Barber Half

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Okay, okay. Let me explain.

My original plan was to hunt in an area of town I wasn’t sure about this evening. I pulled up and there were several suspect characters around. Decided I’d rather hunt there in the daylight so I started racking my brain for other good spots in the area.

I settled on somewhere 10 minutes away where I found a wheat on a scouting hunt in the spring. As I was on my way there I passed a different spot I’ve been meaning to check out. Decided to pull off and see if I could get my coil over anything. It was almost all trash at first. After a little bit I started locking in on coins then I got a solid 11-44/11-45 signal at 3 inches. It was a great signal but I figured it had to be a clad quarter at that depth.

Boy was I surprised to see a huge old eagle staring at me from the hole. A 1909-S Barber half. Only my second ever. I got a couple wheats and a transit token before calling it a night. I plan to go back at a future date to do some more digging.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1543986427.683649.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1543986436.597853.jpg

Thanks for looking and happy hunting all!
-W

Upvote 63
Nice work!!! 🙌🙌🙌

Great find! That's a big honkin piece of silver, congrats!:thumbsup:

Looks like you saved another great silver, keep up the great work :occasion14:

Congratulations l love the night hunts

My only silver half ever is a 1900 Barber which I proudly wear around my neck. Congratulations on being wise, moving on and not giving up. Love that big silver feeling.

Love that Barber Wash, and congrats of the rest of those sweet saves!!! "D"

Incredible find, Congrats! Glad you ended up digging at that site!

Sweet half wash, know what you mean about them people my parks are loaded with them stay safe brother....:icon_thumright:

That big beauty is awesome- Congrats!

Nice job W. Always nice to see that Eagle staring up at you. Barber Halves are a great looking coin. Glad you were smart enough to move on from your first place. It's just not worth the risk. Some people will shoot you just to see which way you fall !

Good job. Congrats

Well done, can u send those crackheads my way, just kidding it’s Baltimore we have plenty.

Congratualtions on the nice old coins! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back