GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mascallw119

Apr 23, 2010
TheHarleyMan2 said:
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/craigslist-diamond-murder-protect/story?id=10568167

Every day there are more and more sick people out there that have no place in life!

Thought I would post the info for those of you who buy or sell stuff on other online sites.

Thank you for the posting HarleyMan. How very, very sad. You have to use much wisdom in doing anything like this. Case in point, I had recently posted a JFK Half Dollar Collection for sale on line in here at treasurenet and also via flyers. Now this is all new to me but I am being as cautious as possible about it. I received contact from a gentleman who saw the flyer and expressed great interest. He had the best offer and when we began to make arrangements for payment and delivery, he wanted to meet me locally in person and pay via cash. I explained that it could not be done that way but that he could pay via paypal and the item would be shipped to him. He explained that he had no credit cards but that he did have a bank account and could have a bank cashier's check done and mailed to me. I told him that was fine and gave him a post office box (not my home address). I have not been able to speak with him since I gave him that info and he has not been in contact with me yet (5 days as of today). I will not be meeting him on the street and most definitely will not be having him come to my home. I don't know who he is or even if his offer is legitimate but regardless, I have gone as far as I going to go with this for my own safety. I have given him all of the info he needs if he is truly planning the purchase because absolutely no sale is worth putting your life in danger.

Thanks again for the post HarleyMan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread