Crazy, crazy weather

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in Southern N.J. it is a crazy December. My Honeysuckle has flowers on it. The dandelions are blooming in the fields. When I took my dog out for his last walk last night, a moth flew in the door for Heavens sake. I like that it is not cold yet, but have never seen it like this at the end of Dec.. Plenty of rain though. Would like to see some sun!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some things are not suppose to be blooming, trees and plants are needing the deep sleep to bloom. With this warm weather it's a pleasant feeling for us humans to have a shortened winter, but there's a downside to it. Parks Canada were jacking down the flood control timbers in the damn last week and throwing wood chips down into the water on the backside to plug any small crevices that allow water through, a preventive measure for a possible drought this next year. Maple syrup production was a record low this past year because of the short but cold winter last year, and they figure it will be worse this year as well. We have birds that haven't migrated as of yet, and they haven't the means to survive a winter so they'll be lost. A few year back in 2011/12 winter season the owls were starving to death because the lack of snow and the which caused the ground to freeze first and it effected the food source they rely on.
Winter arrived yesterday, snow, and freezing drizzle for most of the day, and freezing drizzle again this morning, starting to look a lot like winter, and by the looks at the two week forecast it's going to here for the long run.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here in Illinois. A few days ago we had freezing rain all day. Now as I sit here (Wednesday) we are getting our first real snow - complete with huge flakes & all !! Guess it took until Dec. 30th for Winter to really show up here. To the good side, with a little luck there is only 3 months left.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
earlier this week I heard geese flying south so unfortunately winter is on it's way :(
I say flying South, because I couldn't see them through the thick Fog that has blanketed the mountain here
for several weeks Now..

DSCF0001.JPG DSCF0003.JPG Un.jpg Untitle.jpg Untitled.jpg

makes me think of the Slaughtered Lamb

Untitl.jpg

& the Yorkshire Moors :laughing7:

also Got Flies bugging me in the House
& too much rain & mud for my Liking.

Yesterday I had a 4 hour'ish Power Outage
and Ice on My Windshield to deal with.

39f now

& no matter what they Predict, I don't expect to see sun this week at all :(

Unti.jpg

Last edited:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Christmas day it was 62 degrees yesterday 22 degrees 6'' of SNOW, SLEET. AND FREEZING RAIN! I really hate winter! :BangHead:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all in how the jet stream flows! I hope it brings the bugs out of hibernation and then freezes them!

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was 55 on Christmas....30 ever since. Think it is finally over until March.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was picking ticks off my dogs up until a couple of day's ago.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
South western Oregon our weather is back to typical rain, rain, rain. Can't grow that big timber if it doesn't get watered. Last year the river was at August levels in May and there was no snow in the high country. Already this year there is something like 12 feet of snow at Crater Lake. It kind of feels good to be back to some semblance of normal. I guess it all depends on El Nino, and not Al Gore's carbon problems.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had the peasoup fog a few days ago and an inch of snow.
Spring plants are a tad confused, started breaking ground.
I have a feeling once we get into January....in a few hours, the party will be over shortly, so I'm going to enjoy this winter reprieve while I can!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread