Crazy Parents with "wonderful kids".

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
I work next door to a place that has "cheer leading training". It's basically a place you can bring your child (usually from 8 to 15), and they teach them how to do team cheer leading, gymnastics, etc. We work in a 'strip center' and our office wall is shared by this place. Well, just on the other side of this wall, is a special trampoline that is about 5 foot wide, but 30 foot long. I've never seen anything like it. But, this trampoline is put against the wall that is shared with us, and these kids lean against the wall and pound out their favorite fight songs, or whatever is going on in their mind on this wall.

One evening, it was especially loud, so I walked over and trying to be as friendly as I could, asked for the person in charge. I told this person, "Hi, I work next door, and our wall is shared with your wall. Would you do me a big favor and ask the kids to not bang on the wall"? A reasonable request I thought. I got a long stare and she said, "Our kids don't bang on the wall".
"No, the wall right over there.... that wall. i work just on the other side of it".
"Our kids don't bang on the wall".
"No, they do... it gets kind of loud sometimes".
"It's not possible for them to bang on the wall".
"No, the trampoline? they stand against the wall and tap out their favorite fight song or something against the wall".
"Our kids do NOT bang on the wall".
"We'll, I'm not imagining it. They are indeed banging against the wall".
"No, they are NOT banging against the wall". It was then, that I realized that she wants to deny it. I still don't know why.

"We'll o.k. then... perhaps the next time they do it, you can come over and hear it for yourself"?
"O.k."
"O.k." and then I left.

A few minutes later, I left work. I learned the next day that this women called two 'thugs' to come over and 'find me' and 'take care of me'. Who they found was my boss, and he said that he thought he was about to get his butt kicked because 'someone' disrespected the person in charge. These guys were all over the place looking to pound someones lights out. Cursing up a storm, jumping in his face, just trying to instigate a fight.

These people are weird. Toddlers and Teira's... soccer moms, gymnastic moms, etc. These people are just downright weird. I told my boss I had wished I was there (not because I'm a big guy), but, because I'd try to get these people to hit me, and then they'd end up in prison, or at least with a record, and I'd get a settlement check for my back that hurt because I took a hard fall when they hit me. We have cameras all over the place. it would have been an easy win.

I'm so very glad that we are moving into a new office in the next week or two. I 'used' to think it was cute that these kids banged on the wall, but now every time I hear it, the stress level is raised.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy, have you come to the right place for the right answer :headbang:

Well since you're office is moving, you might want to try the following and it's not for the faint of heart and a bit devious. :p This will also require a better knowledge of exactly where the thumps are being heard.. I am also assuming this is an office building, but there are always ways around any obstacle

1- During the day mark the wall in all the areas you are hearing the banging/thumps.
2- Get paint that matches your wall.. quick drying is suggested in this particular case
3- Stay late one night and make some altercations removing a portion of the wall with the greatest activity
4- next, get a small nail (Most nail sizes are given in a unit called a "penny" and its symbol is the lower case letter "d". A 2d (2 penny) nail is 1 inch long.) in this case a 2d nail
5- Work the nail like an awl, (only indentations) and make several overlapping circles All you want to do is weaken their wall
6- Use an oak tag paper on your side and cover with a bit of Plaster of Paris, or Spackle.. Then paint

GO to work as normal and just wait for one of those little kids to come bouncing through :laughing9:

Problem solved :icon_cheers: .. And you're welcome too :laughing7:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:happysmiley: Spart you will have those lovely kiddos crashing thru the wall LOL

it isn't crazy parents. Seems more like one crazy insane cheerleading teacher. but ya know I have seen insane cheerleaders who murder and more so you be careful. they are a nutso bunch. cheerleading I believe is a blood sport and all who get in the way must perish. I mean that crazy instructor already sent thugs over. That is an insane situation LOL

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would be doing the next tennant a huge favor by filing a police report. I would imagine the landlord/owner is in breach for not maintaining a suitable environment.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
The neighbor on the opposite side found out we were moving and came in to inquire. I told them about the whole thing, and it's now a 'cursed location'. MY boss was trying to bring up the video of that night (he made sure he was well in view of the camera's in case something happened). I told him not to, as it would just piss me off. I love the heck out of this guy, and it would make me turn mad-man seeing someone in his face because of me (them). Perhaps, ..... we'll post the video on youtube and this place will get a bad rap. I don't know. I just think that was completely uncalled for. And yes, cheerleading is cut-throat, now that I now, and it's nuts.
As far as a police report, I actually thought about that. My bosses response was, "there are two round rock cops that actually send their daughters there". So, it's probably a lost cause.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
These types of experiences suck but it's the way things are today. Your decision not to involve the local police may have been a wise one considering the circumstances you mentioned. While most officers are honest in general matters, they're often overruled by inside politics. All police departments or legal entities on any level are loaded with inside politics. Being in law enforcement or government intelligence has never been for wimps. If the average person knew what's really going on today they'd find it difficult to sleep nights. So ignorance isn't necessarily always a bad thing. Nuff said.

But as far as local small-scale feuds are concerned, generally the state police are the most aggressive but they're spread very thin these days due to "cuts." And also other obvious factors prohibit their being involved with many cases. It really does help having friends who are high up in the state police, FBI, CIA, etc. I once had someone stealing from one of our buildings and a call to a connection brought me a fast offer of all sorts of assistance (security cams, you name it, all FREE). It turns out we didn't need it but in this world it's who you know.

I once owned a house that was on one of those private unpaved roads. A nut case decided he didn't want us driving back to our house so he blocked the road by falling trees. When confronted he threatened one of my helpers. One telephone call and a few days later he was in prison. An investigation revealed that he was a wanted man so the state raided his place. That was almost 20 years ago and last I heard he's still in prison.

But the story doesn't work this way for everyone. There are people who suffer all sorts of terrible things and the police basically do nothing. Again, it's usually not the fault of the individual officers. It's all about financial resources, and like I said, inside politics.

America is one of the most violent countries in the world due to all sorts of maladies. Many cities here are rated more dangerous than Baghdad. Every single person with a clean record should obtain a concealed weapons permit if possible. Most (not all) police will tell you the same thing. It's not nice out there.

Don't become paranoid but be informed and stay cool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread