crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good evening everyone. It's been a tough 09 and a cold one here in Ohio. Jan 16 my son lost his house. Then, my wife had to leave unexpectedly to fly overseas because my mother in law is not doing well. She is 88. She will be gone 2 months. Expense after expense :-[ Since I am a home owner and an independent truck driver I really have my hands full. I just returned from a 7 week trip and logged over 7000 miles. Glad to be home. My son and daughter in law will be moving out within a few weeks to start a new life, again. Thanks to everyone who gave me moral support and donations as it was not necessary but greatly appreciated.

Anyway, I had to get out as it has been a while. The wether here will be 70 Sat. The ground is thawed and prime from detecting. My first hunt of the year was not to impressive. 1 1950 wheatie, a 1960, and a 62. , a church medallion of some kind, a harmonic reed, and a ford something ??? I have a lot of places lined up I just have to get permission. My old places are nearly hunted out. Time to move on to some virgin ground

Thanks for looking and Happy hunting Ron

Fire are Ugly and a killer. BE CAREFULL

008.jpg

010.jpg

001-4.jpg

068.jpg

069.jpg

070.jpg

071.jpg

072.jpg

073.jpg

Upvote 0

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things will get better Ron.......
Seems like everytime a person feels like they
are doing well, something happens to spoil it.
Keep on keeping on and things will improve. You
may feel rusty but you never forget how!! HH
Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad start for 09! I'm also off to a rough start, LOL. Since your wife will be gone for awhile it might be nice to have the kids stay around and watch the homestead and save a few months rent. I hope they had insurance and were treated fairly!!! I can't believe you don't take the detector with you on the road as it would be great exercise after a long drive. The big rigs here in Germany are underpowered, drive slow (50mph) and congest the highways. The drivers are only allowed to drive so many hours before a forced break and they have those graphs under the speedometer that log time and speed. The bassturds can go back on a driver's log 7 years and fine them for speeding. HH, Mike

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No place to go but up brother. Glad thing are gettin back to the better side of life. Our prayers are with your mother in law. Keep it shiny side up.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I'm glad its turning around for you and your family. My Grandma always loved to say that God never gives you more then you can handle but sometimes I wish He didn't have so much faith in me. I got out yesterday for the first time this year too, didn't find squat and didn't care. It has been a long winter and it felt great to be outside without 5 or 6 layers on.

HH Charlie

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad you are back out swingin' a little and that the weather is looking better! It sure has dragged on, don't you think?

Thanks for sharing your finds. I think they look pretty cool!

Lookin

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bavaria Mike said:
Not a bad start for 09! I'm also off to a rough start, LOL. Since your wife will be gone for awhile it might be nice to have the kids stay around and watch the homestead and save a few months rent. I hope they had insurance and were treated fairly!!! I can't believe you don't take the detector with you on the road as it would be great exercise after a long drive. The big rigs here in Germany are underpowered, drive slow (50mph) and congest the highways. The drivers are only allowed to drive so many hours before a forced break and they have those graphs under the speedometer that log time and speed. The bassturds can go back on a driver's log 7 years and fine them for speeding. HH, Mike

Most of the rules here are all about money. Logs are mandatory. drive 11, take 10 off in the bunk until you reach 70 hours then you have to take a mandatory 34 hours off to get your 70 hours back. Everyone fudges their logs in order to make money. The government is so stupid. They don't know what it's like behind the wheel of one of these 80,000 pound loaded beasts and to live in one away from home for weeks on end. Thanks for the encouragement. They will be moving next week. It is nice to have them near by to watch my property though. They are starting to buy things; TV, furniture, etc. from the insurance money. Time will heal the wounds though. It was 72 here yesterday. Nice summer whether for Ohio. Thanks Mike

RickyP

Feb 13, 2008
Prairieville, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Explorer SE, Whites DFX
Hey Ron,

If you were out hunting in the snow, then you are one crazyjarhead. Man, I dont know if I could go 7 weeks on the road without detecting. I'd be PMS'ing pretty bad. Do you take your detector with you when your out on the road?

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
.....And back on your feet you will be, Ron! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Detecting cures all. Keep at it, and everything will be much better....trust me!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread