credit union cut me off today...

buster1248

Greenie
Nov 23, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my local credit union(penn star) cut me off today....told me that i was no longer aloud to use there coin star machine..and that they would no longer take my rolled coins either....always had issues with them they always seemed to have a bit of a problem when i used the coin star machine...only dumped up to 1k at a time too...well theres goes that dump bank..kind of mad thou.im am member and they take my cash for loan payments.maybe pennys are my next payment a......

Upvote 0
namster said:
Can banks really refuse US currency for deposit? Makes no sense.

Banks have the right to deal with whatever they want when it comes to deposits. If they don't want to take coins they can refuse to let you deposit them. If they require them to be rolled they can, if they require them to be put in the sorter they can, etc.

What area are you in buster?

That sux that they cut you off from their system :(

I used to be able to order $4,000 (8 boxes) a week from my local credit union, but three weeks ago, they told me I can only order $2,000 (4 boxes) a week now. They told me their fees have increased and that they can only do 4 boxes now.

I was bummed, but they have always treated me very well and since they are not charging me any fees to order my boxes, I guess I can't complain.

So what did I do? I went to the same credit union's other location about 10 miles away...got to know a few of the tellers and the branch manager...and got them to agree to order me $4,000 a week!

So as it turns out, I am now getting 12 boxes a week from this credit union (from two different locations) whereas before I was only getting 4 boxes. So I am happy about that. They have one more location in the area so I'm going there today to see if I can set up the same weekly arrangement :)

And a lot of the big number chr people will eventually find out they can just tell you to hit the road when they get tired of constant dumps!!! They also "talk" to each other so the word will get around too. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back