Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello! I just moved to a nice 1700's farm house, with a large amount of woods around it. There is a narrow, but deep creek going through the backyard, which narrows out in the woods. The stream is dry right now, photos below are from April during the walk through of the house. The stream has a hard white clay bottom in some areas, large rock bottom in others, and pebbles and small stones in other parts. There are also some gravel or sandy deposits on the side in others. I have looked for artifacts before, but haven't had luck. How should I hunt this place? Also, there is a yellow jacket nest next to a nice gravel beach on the river as it goes through the other side of the yard, I am avoiding this place until the frost hits. Photos are of the place without the yellow jackets. Like I said, it is dry right now, I stirred up the stones in one area hoping for more stuff to be revealed next time it rains and the river flows.

creek.png creek2.png

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the 2nd pic for the artifacts. They will get stuck in that sand and fall to hard pan. Get yourself some filet gloves and go to the hard pan and feel around. Any thing rocks you feel pull them up and have a look.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread