Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
Went to small city playground I have detected twice before. I am gridding the area and am close to finishing the facility. I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 166 coins (130 pennies) with a face value of $5.05, a brass lock, 2 keys, a 1951 D wheatie, a ring, 2 toy car pieces, tabs and can slaw. This park has been detected before according to some of the neighbors who stopped by to see how I was doing.

DSCN3225.jpeg

The lock was the only decent find. It reads MADE FOR U.S.N.on one side and YALE MADE IN U.S.A. on the other. I found it close to the alley that runs beside the park. It is badly marked up like it has been run over a lot in the past. My guess is that it ended up on the road surface and then got knocked into the grass and sank into the ground over the years until I dug it up.

DSCN3226.jpeg

DSCN3227.jpeg

DSCN3228.jpeg

DAY 2
I went back to try and finish up the small city park I did in DAY 1 this week. Of course it rained on me again and I did find lots of coins. The problem is that most of the coins are pennies.

I spent 4.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 131 coins with a face value of $2.59, a long key chain type chain, part of a lock back knife, a toy motorcycle, a key, tabs, can slaw and foil. Again nothing much special and a lots of pennies.

DSCN3231.jpeg

DSCN3232.jpeg

This park is very small, coin heavy and I have now covered the whole thing. I is approximately 120 ft wide and 180 feet deep with a total lot, a narrow basketball and short basketball court and metal picnic tables on metal poles cemented into the ground. It took 4 trips and a total of 19.5 hours to detect it and I found a total of 715 coins with a face value of $27.25 which included a whopping 535 pennies.

DAY 3
We went camping with our daughter and her family over the weekend. It was in a state park close to home that I detect over the winter. You are only allowed to metal detect on the beach and in the swimming areas and only before Memorial Day and after Labor Day. I wasn’t expecting much because the swimming area was dry most of the winter and I cleaned it up pretty good. Also now that the water is back up to normal the swim ropes just went in and the weather has been cool and wet so no swimmers to leave new stuff behind. I didn’t do much of the beach this winter so I figured I might as well give it a shot. My granddaughter has detected with me several times in the past and a brought my second ATPro for her to use (she just turned 18).

We spent 3.5 hours working the beach and covered most of the detectable area. My granddaughter had the best luck. She found 16 coins with a face value of $1.16, a stainless steel necklace with a cross on it, a cheapie earring, a fishing swivel, split shot fishing sinkers and foil. I know she didn’t miss any of the good stuff because she went low and slow and she did recover all those tiny items that others might miss. Her time from detector response to actually getting the item in hand has improved greatly. By George I think she got it.

IMG_8430.jpeg

I only managed to get my coil over 7 coins with a face value of $0.82, an earring, a fancy decorated fingernail, an F game tab, a nice bunch of sinkers, swivels, tiny bits of metal, foil and tabs.

DSCN3233.jpeg

DSCN3236.jpeg

DSCN3237.jpeg

DSCN3235.jpeg

NON DETECTOR FINDS
Normally, the Coinstar and vending machines don’t produce a lot of coins. Occasionally, you get lucky and this past week I was. We had to make a trip to Johns Hopkins for an appointment and on the way there we stopped at the rest area and I checked the vending machines. All the machines now have signs on them that say NO CASH, CREDIT AND DEBIT CARDS ONLY. But you never know so I checked anyway. One machine had a quarter in the return and in another one the return was loaded. It had 10 quarters and three dollar coins ($5.50). I went to the Coinstar at the local store and found two dimes, three nickels and nine pennies in the machine for a change when I normally only find one or two coins if I’m lucky. I also got some coins walking at the mall and walking around town. A very good week for eyeball finds.

DSCN3230.jpeg

DSCN3229.jpeg

That’s all I was able to get in this week. A bunch of clad, an interesting old lock, lots of stuff from the vending machines and a really clean beach. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 21

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
Went to small city playground I have detected twice before. I am gridding the area and am close to finishing the facility. I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 166 coins (130 pennies) with a face value of $5.05, a brass lock, 2 keys, a 1951 D wheatie, a ring, 2 toy car pieces, tabs and can slaw. This park has been detected before according to some of the neighbors who stopped by to see how I was doing.

View attachment 2148957

The lock was the only decent find. It reads MADE FOR U.S.N.on one side and YALE MADE IN U.S.A. on the other. I found it close to the alley that runs beside the park. It is badly marked up like it has been run over a lot in the past. My guess is that it ended up on the road surface and then got knocked into the grass and sank into the ground over the years until I dug it up.

View attachment 2148956

View attachment 2148958

View attachment 2148959

DAY 2
I went back to try and finish up the small city park I did in DAY 1 this week. Of course it rained on me again and I did find lots of coins. The problem is that most of the coins are pennies.

I spent 4.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 131 coins with a face value of $2.59, a long key chain type chain, part of a lock back knife, a toy motorcycle, a key, tabs, can slaw and foil. Again nothing much special and a lots of pennies.

View attachment 2148961

View attachment 2148967

This park is very small, coin heavy and I have now covered the whole thing. I is approximately 120 ft wide and 180 feet deep with a total lot, a narrow basketball and short basketball court and metal picnic tables on metal poles cemented into the ground. It took 4 trips and a total of 19.5 hours to detect it and I found a total of 715 coins with a face value of $27.25 which included a whopping 535 pennies.

DAY 3
We went camping with our daughter and her family over the weekend. It was in a state park close to home that I detect over the winter. You are only allowed to metal detect on the beach and in the swimming areas and only before Memorial Day and after Labor Day. I wasn’t expecting much because the swimming area was dry most of the winter and I cleaned it up pretty good. Also now that the water is back up to normal the swim ropes just went in and the weather has been cool and wet so no swimmers to leave new stuff behind. I didn’t do much of the beach this winter so I figured I might as well give it a shot. My granddaughter has detected with me several times in the past and a brought my second ATPro for her to use (she just turned 18).

We spent 3.5 hours working the beach and covered most of the detectable area. My granddaughter had the best luck. She found 16 coins with a face value of $1.16, a stainless steel necklace with a cross on it, a cheapie earring, a fishing swivel, split shot fishing sinkers and foil. I know she didn’t miss any of the good stuff because she went low and slow and she did recover all those tiny items that others might miss. Her time from detector response to actually getting the item in hand has improved greatly. By George I think she got it.

View attachment 2148962

I only managed to get my coil over 7 coins with a face value of $0.82, an earring, a fancy decorated fingernail, an F game tab, a nice bunch of sinkers, swivels, tiny bits of metal, foil and tabs.

View attachment 2148963

View attachment 2148965

View attachment 2148966

View attachment 2148964

NON DETECTOR FINDS
Normally, the Coinstar and vending machines don’t produce a lot of coins. Occasionally, you get lucky and this past week I was. We had to make a trip to Johns Hopkins for an appointment and on the way there we stopped at the rest area and I checked the vending machines. All the machines now have signs on them that say NO CASH, CREDIT AND DEBIT CARDS ONLY. But you never know so I checked anyway. One machine had a quarter in the return and in another one the return was loaded. It had 10 quarters and three dollar coins ($5.50). I went to the Coinstar at the local store and found two dimes, three nickels and nine pennies in the machine for a change when I normally only find one or two coins if I’m lucky. I also got some coins walking at the mall and walking around town. A very good week for eyeball finds.

View attachment 2148968

View attachment 2148960

That’s all I was able to get in this week. A bunch of clad, an interesting old lock, lots of stuff from the vending machines and a really clean beach. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Love the reject coin finds....good eye!

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was an incredible amount of pennies from that little park! Nice score from the vending machines :icon_thumleft:
I was surprised at how the pennies just kept coming. It is a possibility that the people who detected before me ignored penny signals. Either that or they missed an awful lot of good signals.

Thanks for the reply, stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1

View attachment 2148957

View attachment 2148956

View attachment 2148958

View attachment 2148959

DAY 2

View attachment 2148961

View attachment 2148967

DAY 3

View attachment 2148962

View attachment 2148963

View attachment 2148965

View attachment 2148966

View attachment 2148964

NON DETECTOR FINDS

View attachment 2148968

View attachment 2148960

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread