Crescent Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cake

2 pkgs. crescent rolls
2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese
1/2 to 3/4 c. sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 bag milk chocolate chips (reserve
1/2 c. chips)

Line a 9 x 13 inch pan with 1 package of crescent rolls, press to seal. Mix cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla until creamy. Add the chocolate chips less the reserved chips. Spread on the filling to 1/4 inch from the edges. Top with second package of crescent rolls. Pinch the edges together. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown. Remove, frost immediately while hot. Melt reserved chips in microwave and drizzle on iced cheese cake.

FROSTING
1 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. warm milk

Mix together. Frost baked cheese cake.
Refrigerate when cool. Makes 24 to 36 squares.

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Now this sounds Yummy, yummy!

'Cept, and you know me, just gotta change something, I prefer semi-sweet chocolate chips (or dark chocolate) :P

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Strange you should ask Ashleen, as I am planning to try this today.

I'll substitute Splenda for the sugar, use non-fat cream cheese, semi- or dark chocolate chips as there is not as much sugar, and hopefully find someone makes reduced-fat crescent rolls. But if they don't, I still have adapted it enough to drastically reduce the sugar and fat.

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Hey Gypsy,

I made my attempt at your recipe to get an almost Sugar-Free and Low-Fat version. It turned out rather well with a portion that nutrionally meets my needs. I did find out that Hershey's Special Dark Chips don't melt so that it can drizzled but it is spreadable, which is what I did.

Here's what mine looked like:

Crescent Chocolate Chip Cream Cake.JPG

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
If you want your melted chips to be more drizzley add about a teaspoon (more or less depending on how many chips you are melting) of shortning to them when you melt them. Not very healthy but it won't set up as hard, and drizzle better.

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Well they look good Wes...but check your temperature....the cresent should be fluffier set up a little higher.....glad you were able to adapt the recipe to your dietary needs....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread