Crescent City CA, Eureka, Brookings OR???

OP
OP
cerF

cerF

May 15, 2008
NorCal
Detector(s) used
XT 705
Yes i have been to CC numerous occasions, as my parents have lived there for well over 10 years. I have taken the drive to Eureka/Arcata quite a few times, and yes its not the easiest drive, but it is a very scenic one :).

You are correct about the 64 tsunami, however, from my understanding and research, the waves mainly impacted the waterfront district and harbor. Some of the original structures are still standing. Not all of the areas affected required fill either. I would think this would be a benefit for MDing rather than a drawback. I would also assume that this area would be much trashier than others due to the destruction. There are still plenty of old buildings/houses in the area further inland that were not affected by the tsunami at all, so I will try my luck there as well. I also think the beach hunting will prove very interesting due to the tsunami stirring around all the debris and washing it out to sea.

Have you hunted CC before, and if so, any notable finds?? Any tips or suggestions for Del Norte county? You sound like you know alot about the area. Any advice/spots/more info would be greatly appreciated. I am really looking forward to seeing what I find and will for sure post my finds here on Tnet for all to see.

By the way, im a super rookie. My MD is still in the mail!

Tsunami vid
<"

Muddy_Udders

Tenderfoot
May 5, 2008
Cottonwood, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This should give you a lifetime of hunting ideas. And start a new treasure rush to the North Coast.
I don't believe in hoarding info ::) and if I can't get there before you then it is my loss. :thumbsup:

http://www.pacificsites.com/~rparker/

PS: If you need a partner I am available occasionally.

OP
OP
cerF

cerF

May 15, 2008
NorCal
Detector(s) used
XT 705
TreasureTales said:
That's a great website. I happen to know the webmaster. Unfortunately for cerf, that website is for Mendocino County and he's looking for information about Del Norte County.

Cerf, if you can buy or borrow a copy of the large paperback book called Northern California Atlas & Gazetteer by DeLorme Mapping Company, page 22 should give you some leads to where people fished, camped, mined, etc.

Sweet, Thank you TT. Im gonna look into that ASAP. You are a virtual goldmine of info...if only i could get you to share some of your secrets...hmmmmmm :icon_jokercolor:

OP
OP
cerF

cerF

May 15, 2008
NorCal
Detector(s) used
XT 705
I haven't started school yet (start in August), but im considering environmental geology as my major. I was a 'Marine Science Technician' while in the Coast Guard, so I have some very limited training/experience within the field already. I am still in So Cal at the moment, but leave for Crescent City on the 29th of this month. Gonna be a long drive!

Once again, thanks for the info. I have already located a few mining spots up there that I am itching to hunt. Also, my step dad is a fishing guide there and knows of some spots near the rivers that he thinks will produce some goodies. I will keep ya posted on my finds and dont be surprised if you get a few questions from me now and then :)

HH

OP
OP
cerF

cerF

May 15, 2008
NorCal
Detector(s) used
XT 705
TreasureTales said:
Fishing guide, huh? I love smoked salmon. hint hint. ROFLOL Good luck in all you do. And yes, please keep us up-to-date on your adventures.

He sends away a ton of smoked Salmon every year. I always get some from him for x-mas. Ill be working the salmon season this year too. Im a deckhand down here on the SoCal sportfishing boats. Have been doing it since I was 12. I will for sure send you some smoked salmon this season! Maybe you could send me some....gold rings and a thank you note??? :icon_king: lol

Heres my first salmon caught on the Klamath back in 2001.

Attachments

• DCP01303.jpg
    DCP01303.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,444

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions