crevicing tool

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i was wondering i need some advice i have a idea of making a creving tool called the crevice pick run a hose to the water to the pump to a tip that would shoot medium to high pressure water jet in to the crevice and loosen up the dirt and rocks so i can get to the gold i have a area that when the river runs at regular depth there is a area about 30x50 ft of exposed bed rock but it DRYS out real quick and the cracks are small i was going to make two of them one for loosening it up and one for sucking it out or should i just use hammer and chissel and dig it out by hand some advice would be much wanted and should i use a bilge pump or a pump like they make for the above ground rubber pools help please i get gold from the river so there should be gold in the cracks any advice would be much needed and greatly appriciated

Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
theres already a device out there like that. its called the "gold drill" or the "gold well" or something like that! it pumps highpressure water into the ground, then you turn a valve and it sucks the material out and you keep going back and forth like that!

OP
OP
olepossum

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
well crap i am new to the hobbie of prospecting and i am kinda hooked on it i am also a mder i have a whites dfx 300 with prospect as a mode and a 12 inch coil

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Possum, ALWAYS break open those cracks in any stream that is known to carry gold. The small size tells you no one has been in there before. Quite possibly a gold bonanza awaits! TTC

OP
OP
olepossum

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
oh boy do i ever plan on it hoping to go back this weekend have found some small flecks of gold and a spit load of little red garnets cant wait to get back there .

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
olepossum said:
oh boy do i ever plan on it hoping to go back this weekend have found some small flecks of gold and a spit load of little red garnets cant wait to get back there .
ask Wade Carver! goes by the handel "sluice box" thats in your/our club that had one of these "Gold Well" devices. he showed me it many years ago. very simple idea using a PVC "Y" and 2 valves and a few internal homemade parts,water pump and hose. Ask Doug Foster how to get ahold of him. Wade makes some really nice mining gear.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread