Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are all from people bringing them to the banks. Either rolled or dumped into coin machines. They eventually make it to the coin supplier and
Dumped into the coin hopper and re rolled into the boxes we search. The bank or coin supplier have little to do with this hobby it’s all right place and right time. Most of the coins brought to the banks are either young or uniformed people who bring there grandparents collections in for cash not knowing what they are really worth. Unfortunately a lot also make it into circulation from drug addicts or theft.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They come from 20 something millennials with no clue dumping grandad's collection for pot money or vaping stuff.

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It’s a shame how valuable coins are dumped at banks for face value. But, it does provide CRHers with a supply of coins we would not find in circulation otherwise.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never demean the unknowing and the uncaring - who are primarily responsible for dumping SILVER into coin counters , or rolling SILVER into paper wrappers , and turning them in for face value . These people are on my CRH team !!!!!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holt0222, you'll probably be in Congress in 20 years! Congrats to you! You broke the mold.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya never know where they come from I got 6 rolls of 90 percent quaurters with a acc number and ph number written on them from long ago they must have cashed em in from gramps collection

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds! Good Luck on future rolls! :occasion14:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Drunks also cash them in looking for their next fix. I sometimes ask the clerk at the party store if he’s received any ‘funny’ coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread