CRH on Bob and Tom

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
This AM on Bob and Tom, they talked about a car wash robbery where the perps got $900 face worth of Qtrs.

They all talked about how the bad guys should have dumped the coin. Turns out, they got busted at a Walmart - presumably feeding the CoinStar machine. Tom says he rolls his loose coin. Kristie talked about using the CoinStar at her credit union. Chic tried (unsuccessfully :-\) to convince Kristie that it really wasn't a CoinStar, but a bank machine. She wouldn't buy it and insisted it was a CoinStar - yet she didn't know what brand of CoinStar. ::)

Tom speculated whether or not they would be able to find all 50 of the state commems. Then, they discussed the US territory commems.

They talked about alternate uses for rolled coin (mostly in non-family-friendly innuendo) and finally, they talked about the notion of dumping at retail - specifically buying a used car with $900 of loose $0.25.

Nothing they said would bring undue attention to the hobby, but it was fun to listen to "outsiders" talk about the pains of dumping loose coin.

Upvote 0

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
There are a few things I would not do in order to CRH,

....and listening to Bob and Tom is one of them.

Just me.

Keep on Rollin' !

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
I heard this as well and thought it was very interesting. They made it seem if you brought in hundred of dollars at once, the cops would be waiting for you in the parking lot. All said they loved the coinstar but never once mentioned the fees. I know nothing of coinstar so maybe there is a way or locations that do not charge a fee.

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cringed at your title dude, are you trying to give us heart attacks??

Because once they put CRH on the air, there goes silver for a year, or more

OP
OP
madwest

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
Piledriver said:
There are a few things I would not do in order to CRH,

....and listening to Bob and Tom is one of them.

Just me.

Keep on Rollin' !

I typically don't listen by choice, but it is frequently on the radio in the "shop" where I work. I spend time in the shop only occasionally. I fully understand why some would avoid listening. I look at it for what it is - exposure to the adult-juvenile mind (adult by age, but otherwise juvenile). I chuckle occasionally :laughing7:. I shake my head in disbelief occasionally ::). Otherwise, I don't pay a lot of attention to it. It takes something like the mention of circulated US coinage :o to grab my attention.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you ever get the coin world magazine, they occasionally mention CRH for a part of a page, for example, a while back, someone found a belguim coin from 1833 in a penny roll, that made the page in coin world, therefore, exposing CRH out to the public(especially coin collectors who read coin world)

just thought I would add this.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
also, do you know how many people are hawking on our posts every minute of every day? more than you think, I am sure. I hawked on this website for a good 2 months until I decided to join. :icon_pirat:

SilverJack

Sep 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my region, one of the "we buy gold and silver" joints calls for people to go find and bring in those old coins in their radio ad. Not what I wanted to hear advertised.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SilverJack said:
In my region, one of the "we buy gold and silver" joints calls for people to go find and bring in those old coins in their radio ad. Not what I wanted to hear advertised.
and another joins. welcome buddy!!! :wave:

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
MentalUnrest said:
I heard this as well and thought it was very interesting. They made it seem if you brought in hundred of dollars at once, the cops would be waiting for you in the parking lot. All said they loved the coinstar but never once mentioned the fees. I know nothing of coinstar so maybe there is a way or locations that do not charge a fee.

There are some banks who pay CoinStar extra money and then they have a fee-free CoinStar, though there aren't any nearby me, but I have seen some.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I listened to Bob and Tom this morning, which is rare for me, usually I'm listening to WRIF radio Detroit, the HOME of Rok and Roll!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread