CRH rules

vickilynn

May 19, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites prizm 950 V
Hi , I love this forum and visit frequently , I love all the stories good & bad. It is always nice to find people who share the same passions as I do. I get some great advice from all the forums and for the most part friendly responses. I am fairly new to CRH and I see I have made a few mistakes already ... but I recently made a good relationship with my bank manager and want to keep up good standings . I understand the no dumping where you buy rule ... but how does it effect the tellers /banks and why do they get angry or cut you off? I just read that in a few post and was curious . Unfortunately my bank says they cannot order halves but I do have another account at a credit union I am going to try. My results so far ....did better with a bag than 2 boxes of pennies a few things I put in the KEWL pile :icon_thumleft:. Last week 2 boxes at different branch luckily I have 3 branches in my area that I have accounts at . I got 80 + wheats from 2 boxes 17 in 1 roll. I have walked in to banks that I do not have an account at and bought boxes of pennies but I have not tried asking for halves as they look at me funny as it is. So all info- tips welcome and kindly appreciated and I will post pics anytime as i know how much i love to look at all of yours !! Thanks in advance Vickilynn

Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you go into a bank that yo do not have a acount in just tell them you are lookink for halfs. They will tell you if they have any loose iof they do make sure you take them even if it is only 1 or 2. Ask them if they have any in the vault. I take off on road trip every Saturday I hit ever bank that is in the town. When I get a lot of them I will park somewhere and go thur a couple hundred dollars wourth and then take them to a bank that I have a account in. Cash them in and continue on. This have worked great for me.....Matt

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
VL, welcome to our addiction. I have found that a few bad apples have stunk up the orchard for a lot of us. Tellers are being besieged with requests for halves etc. When banks order for me, I am polite enough to dump at another bank. Some of these tellers find lugging a 26 pound box of halves out of the vault is a royal pain for them. If we then turn around and dump them back on the same bank, the tellers are doing double and even triple lugging. When we take a nice $1000 bag into our dump bank, someone there has to wrestle 52 pounds of clad coins either into the vault or the coin counter.

Unfortunately, the price of silver has created some monsters out of us. Then we become a victim of our own success when somebody dumps where they pick up. Cheers, Jim

huskie fan

Mar 6, 2011
Northern ILL
Banks get charged for boxes and then again for returning coin in bags to the armored service when somebody dumps. Most banks will handle the expense for one or the other. When I dump I only put $500 in a bag because some of the tellers can not handle that much weight. You also have know the dump branch because some branches have old counters that only count $100 in halves at a time. If you bring in 2 bags it will take about 20 - 30 minutes, that is a lot of unhappy customers behind you going to give the tellers grief. That is some of the things I have learned. Hopefully it will help you out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions