CRHers find more Silver per ton of material than commercial Silver mines.

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just did some interesting calculations proving that we are literally running small one man Silver mining operations. I estimate that I have moved 10 Tons of coins in my whole time CRHing, which got me 118.5 Ounces of Silver for 11.85 Ounces per Ton of material.
ifu5v5.png
As you can see, no major US Silver producer was able to top 11.85 ounces per ton in their 2011 or 2012 results. That old Horn Silver Mine certainly puts me to shame, but that was in the late 1800s and early 1900s. Also keep in mind that while a major commercial Silver mine is able to process ore many times faster than we even dream about going through coins, they also have a very large amount of expenses, overhead, and employee salaries that none of us have to worry about in running from bank to bank by ourselves.

Upvote 0

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
mleblanc138 said:
Just did some interesting calculations proving that we are literally running small one man Silver mining operations. I estimate that I have moved 10 Tons of coins in my whole time CRHing, which got me 118.5 Ounces of Silver for 11.85 Ounces per Ton of material. As you can see, no major US Silver producer was able to top 11.85 ounces per ton in their 2011 or 2012 results. That old Horn Silver Mine certainly puts me to shame, but that was in the late 1800s and early 1900s. Also keep in mind that while a major commercial Silver mine is able to process ore many times faster than we even dream about going through coins, they also have a very large amount of expenses, overhead, and employee salaries that none of us have to worry about in running from bank to bank by ourselves.

Very interesting!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fascinating.. Don't post this in too many places.. lol.. I don't have enough Ag yet.. :icon_thumright: Great Job!!

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
TimZim has reopened Horn Silver and has eliminated the overhead and the need for digging holes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread