Crhing Alaska

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear the money is really cold there. Bring gloves.
I'd love to hear a success story though. It'd be ironic if there was a ton of silver to be had right under the gold hunters' noses.

philinchio

Dec 24, 2010
Anchorage, Alaska
Detector(s) used
White's CoinMaster Pro
If you're doing halves, try to get the bank to order boxes from out of state. Most of the time they'll give you SecureTrans bags which are all local stock and you'll quickly be getting your coins back. CWRs and teller trays are good usually. Dimes get ordered from out of state so no real worries there. The only major setback is just limited supply, lack of constant influx of fresh coins, and finding a bank that will order boxes from out of state consistently.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're doing halves, try to get the bank to order boxes from out of state. Most of the time they'll give you SecureTrans bags which are all local stock and you'll quickly be getting your coins back. CWRs and teller trays are good usually. Dimes get ordered from out of state so no real worries there. The only major setback is just limited supply, lack of constant influx of fresh coins, and finding a bank that will order boxes from out of state consistently.

AWESOME ADVICE!!!!!!!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No state makes me want to drink beer more than Alaska.....except for Texas. I spent 2 weeks up in Deadhorse AK which is dry. Didn't bode well. Thought about driving down the Dalton highway to the nearest place to buy beer....made it forty miles before I realized what a terrible idea that was. I saw a herd of musk ox which was cool though

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread