CRHing by flashlight pays off!

ianSF

Apr 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Hi, my name is Ian and I'm a CRH addict...

Got $1000 in halves and the night I had planned to go through them, we lost the power for four hours. I really didn't want to put off opening them as I was dreaming of the treasures to be had within. Grabbed my big flashlight and lit up a work area.

First box had 2-64s and 2-40%, second box had me jumping up and down! I managed to pull a whopping 42-40%ers! One roll had five and there were two rolls with three each. I had to go a bit slower to not miss anything in the low light but I did manage to get them all.

five 40%ers in a fresh roll. a new record or me!
crh1.JPG

and the end results...
crh2.JPG

Upvote 0

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Ian, now that's being a devoted CRHer. Nice haul in the dark. :thumbsup: Jim

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Yep your way beyond the 12 step program now- nice haul. The end of last summer I went on a camping trip to meet friends, on the way there I left early as to clean out a small town. Anyways I got about $1300 and let ME tell ya a campfire is a poor CRH light source- one of them head lamp things works good though. HH Mark

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coolpix9 said:
Ian, now that's being a devoted CRHer. Nice haul in the dark. :thumbsup: Jim

Nah, devoted would have been no flashlight doing it in the dark by sound alone.... :)

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice.....very nice totals.

Yes, your bit with the addiction.......ha! If I could come up with those totals, I'd hunt in the dark too.....lol.

Nice job Ian.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread