Cris-cross my banks

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The other evening while watching TV, I had started to draw a rough sketch map of all the bank locations that I drop in at, be it a dump or pickup, or both. To my surprise, I had come up with a total of 22 bank locations all within about about 5-6 miles radius from my house. Not realizing it until now, I find this map now useful in deciding questions of the who/what/when/where to make bank runs more economical as to gas & time used. I plan on further earmarks, as to what days their coin delivery is made, by when should I order, boxes or bags, CWR's or MWR's. I've been making my bank runs via regional ( north vs south etc) rather than Chris-cross back & forth.
Question, do any of you other CRH's go through such efforts, or just wing-it. Comments & thoughts. Maybe this might help the new CRH beginners. HH, DozerD

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do too for sake of convenience, but remember to not be too predictable. If the wrong person notices...

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Noticing patterns will reveal opportunities for both the hunter and the hunted. We are creatures of habit and tend to have specific days for pickup. Mix it up. If you normally pick up on Friday your weekly boxes, then delay your pickup to another delivery day every so often. Don't ever drive directly home. Take a different route and be aware of your surroundings. While thieves may not be interested in hauling cases of coin. By demonstrating that you consistently secure thousands in coin every week, you are exhibiting a behavior that a thief would conclude you are a target. People die every single day across this nation for lesser amounts of money. Don't be one of them.

With that note of caution, yes I have gone through the efforts to learn of courier habits. When I was hunting large volume (8K/wk), I wanted to find out which couriers serviced which banks. Doing so, I noticed a consistent change in vehicles in the same area on the same day. It was 2 different Brinks services in the same area. Knowing that they service a region, it was an odd observation to see them so close. With a little social engineering on the teller's part, it was confirmed. A BoA in Bunnell was serviced by a Brinks out of Jacksonville. A few miles east across the ICW, a BoA in Flagler Beach was serviced by a Brinks out of Orlando. That gave me the break in service area. From there, I mapped every BoA in a route that was in the Brinks Orlando service area. I enlisted my friend with a heavy duty truck to assist with my dumping once a month. I would still pull $8K/wk from Jacksonville area. And once a month, I would take $30K on my new dump route dropping $6K at each bank. I did this for months to get my dumps out of my region while digging through the supply in Jax. A wrench was thrown in my operation when the BoA in the Jax area switched couriers to Loomis.

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Diver: thanks for the input, never thought about a routine pattern for the BAD GUYS to follow, THANKS.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go with convenience in terms of gas/ time and pick "a lane", a major artery in/ out of the city and just go by gut. I plan in dump banks and feel as I go. Often things have been cleaned out ahead of me so I just head toward work n pick a different route. I know more than I utilize since I am limited on my pickup days and it often doesn't work in my favor with the couriers . I am racing them to pick up cwr change before it gets shipped per protocol.
You're a thinker Dozer. Work smarter not harder. I have always thought a map with details would be good but I loosely keep that in my head. Things like recent scores, missed CWR loads, snipers, low/ high wait times.
Recently someone seems to be running an operation like Diver used to do. All my banks are flooded with rewrapped cwr in courier boxes. My tellers are calling saying they have all the halves I want and I am telling them "ship that mess out don't save me any of the bologna ." I didn't mind taking the little loads of BS off their hands as an act of good faith but don't save me $5000 in halves. I think things are getting severely messed up for me in my turf and its looking dismal. I am wondering how to parry the blow. I have to guess that its someone outside the area. All I can do is hope they don't dump on me this hard again and it'll clear up by the Holidays. I don't think my local branches will stand for continued high volume dumps and they'll change policies. I just hope the person flooding my banks gets cut off before they shut down the works because of the hassle. I hate to wish that on a fellow hunter but its starviing me out. In any event its hurting me and straining my banking relationships . I may call around and see whos ordering / receiving a lot of coin and a pattern will emerge. At least if I can figure out the cycle and its direction (courier, bank type) I wouldn' have to swim against it. I'll have to come up with a map system like you're describing to contend with these recent changes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread