bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Neat video I tracked down comparing Buddy Rich to Neil Peart of Rush. Different styles so it's apples and oranges as to who's the best just enjoy.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OV,
Another funny rock show story. I remember back in the crazy days attending a concert where the Troggs were the opening act for someone or other. They were playing their signature song Wild Thing probably the first heavy rock song recorded.

The drummer was hammering away on his drum kit and every once in awhile he'd toss a set of drum sticks to the audience as souvenirs and the security guards kept retrieving them and bringing them back and he just kept shaking his head at them...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

OV,

My memory is a bit foggy from that era but he either opened for The Who or Eric Clapton & Cream.

Regards + HH

Bill

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

I must be having flashbacks of my misspent youth...lol.

Live from Royal Albert Hall-Cream-White Room.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

3 guitar legends on the same stage. Eric Clapton, Buddy Guy and BB King.

This was at the ceremony to induct Buddy Guy into the Hall of Fame long overdue.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Backbacon? Well welcome back!
I saw a T-shirt today. Read My rights don’t end, where your feelings begin

Seems about right since my heart is black and I have no soul.... :headbang:

I hope yourself and everyone are doing well cuzzin.

DSCN8972.JPG

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep...since I'm retired my job is to stir the pot and keep people on their toes....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Right back at ya chum.

It's been a while for sure.

Still up to no good I assume?[/QUOTE]

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember when I mentioned a big "to-do" for the Company President's Birthday last Friday?

Anywhich, the Director of Personnel asked me later that day to pull a ceiling speaker that was sounding "ratty."
So, Monday, I climbed a ladder and removed the 6 1/2" speaker from the suspended 2' x 4' ceiling tile and took it to her to order a replacement.
As I was standing in her office, giving advice as to it being an 8 ohm and the name and model number of the sound mixer system, I glanced at her name on various certificates on the wall....

Janeen DeYoung.....
That name sounds familiar.....:icon_scratch:

I said, "DeYoung is not a common name, are you by chance related to Dennis DeYoung of 'Styx?'"

She said, "Yes. He's my Cousin."

Well, Folks, I nearly fell out!
We then had quite a conversation of music.....:headbang:

A small world after all, ain't it?

Best,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today at Veteran's Court, one fellow, who is doing well, related a recent experience before Judge Roberts and the Court.

He restores guitars and said that one was sent to him recently.
A Gretsch.
I immediately began drooling....

He said that he somehow knew that it was old and valuable.
How valuable?
He said that he researched the serial number and found that it was a "Stage Played" guitar owned by Chet Atkins!
Worth about $30,000 "as-is."
He said that anything that he did to it would diminish it's value.
I knew right then that he was legit.

Well, after Court, I talked with him and exchanged info to communicate.
I told him that I was looking for an Ovation. Either a 6 or 12 string.
He asked if I was interested in an "Applause...."

I said, "Not so much."
I told him of the Epiphone I soon will be playing with a loving hand and he said that he'd love to see it.

And, my Vet was AGAIN on the "Top Team!"

I hugged him and said, "You make me proud, Flyboy! Keep making everyone proud!"
(My "Flyboy" Vet is older than me, yet I hope to instill some of my youthful vigor to him....)

Y'all be good now, hear?

Scott

Last edited:

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Backbacon,

So give us an update on how you been doing....we missed your posts buddy.

Regards + HH

Bill

Comme ci comme ça....

Screwed up knee for a long while among other complications that is life. Having a blast being a father and watching the little one grow up in fresh air. Bagged a donkey little while back and have been slaying the fish this season. Had my little girl out in the bush for 5 days during her week off from school. Proud to say the least, she took to it like a champ and it was a few colder days out on the ice. She nailed her first 2 silver coins this past season with the rig that I fabbed up. Loves treasure hunting and picking some sweet rocks, the chest is always getting heavier. I've been able to pick up my copper addiction again, another couple under the belt among some other decent goodies. I'm really looking forward to this coming Spring season to say the least. Still be some fishing to come with 3' - 4' of ice still on the lakes. DSCN8145.JPG DSCN8086.JPG DSCN8092.JPG DSCN9332.JPG DSCN9603.JPG 21640812_1946969442227703_1946637772119957755_o.jpg DSCN4792.JPG lynk2.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread