bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
goldboy,

Well done and keep up the good work. Just remember what Edison once said genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration and that probably applies to pretty much anything we do in life. The effort we put in will improve the results we get.

Regards + HH

Bill

back from the tournament placed second

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
yesterday was fun and everything but what did suck my brother competed too in the middle of his match he got out of a holed and his opponent shoved him and got up in his face i wasn't there too see it he was standing by my friend when he said that kid shoved me i spun around facing him and i said who shoved you i got mad but i kept my cool

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cooler heads prevail goldboy. Best to take the high road in a situation like that

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A bit of yard work yesterday and finished sorting the 15+ pounds of foreign coins today as it was raining....
Domestics also prevailed including the laundry.

Out of the 15 pounds of coins, only 2 escape my identification.

unidentified coins 001.JPG

unidentified coins 002.JPG

unidentified coins 005.JPG

unidentified coins 004.JPG

Any help would be appreciated!

I now have 8757 coins for swapping from 83 different countries.

Right now I'm in discussion with a couple of folks involving about 50 coins each for swapping....

Dang!
Is tomorrow Monday?
Seems like just a couple of days ago it was Friday!

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scott,

The first coin doesn't ring a bell but I'd venture to guess the 2nd one is from Turkey as the crescent moon and star is their symbol.

Regards + HH

Bill

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott,

The first coin doesn't ring a bell but I'd venture to guess the 2nd one is from Turkey as the crescent moon and star is their symbol.

Regards + HH

Bill

My thoughts are the first coin is of Asian production.

And the second was thought of as Turkish also, but I cannot find it anywhere in my reference materials.

The star and crescent is also used on Pakistani coins, among other countries, and yet my search has turned up nothing.
The backwards "7" is of Arabic script, meaning "2."

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott, don't know if you can but, I have been told my elevator doesn't go to the top floor.

Uncle Bill, here is one for you.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott, don't know if you can but, I have been told my elevator doesn't go to the top floor.

I was once told that I have "a hole in my marble bag..."

Other "euphemisms" are found here...

Best,

Scott

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scott,

I dug a bit deeper and odds are good it's an Algerian coin. My links don't seem to be cooperating but do a google search for 1964 Algeria coins and that should pop up.

Regards + HH

Bill

My thoughts are the first coin is of Asian production.

And the second was thought of as Turkish also, but I cannot find it anywhere in my reference materials.

The star and crescent is also used on Pakistani coins, among other countries, and yet my search has turned up nothing.
The backwards "7" is of Arabic script, meaning "2."

Best,

Scott

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Johnny,

Thanks for the chuckles...lol.

I was never much of a pot user but a lot of my friends were. A bit of a funny story a coworker friend of mine invited me to a party one Friday night at some friends place. Keep in mind I went right from work so I was still wearing office clothes ie; sports jacket and slacks, white shirt, etc....

I look around and pretty much everyone are high as a kite wearing hippy beads, tie dyed shirts, etc....they must of thought I was a narc or something because they started leaving little by little...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Johnny,

Thanks for the chuckles...lol.

I was never much of a pot user but a lot of my friends were. A bit of a funny story a coworker friend of mine invited me to a party one Friday night at some friends place. Keep in mind I went right from work so I was still wearing office clothes ie; sports jacket and slacks, white shirt, etc....

I look around and pretty much everyone are high as a kite wearing hippy beads, tie dyed shirts, etc....they must of thought I was a narc or something because they started leaving little by little...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

"Pot" stories?

My, seems I have many....

One time, YEARS ago, I was at a party, in Lawrence during the winter time, as a DJ of course,

Well, things started to get out of hand, so I decided to leave.
When someone knocks a bathroom sink from the wall and water is spraying uncontrollably,
and a storm door is broken,
things are getting out of control...

I tucked the dozen or so of my albums under my jacket and went out to my motorcycle.
Yeah, I wasn't immune to the "party atmosphere," yet, I knew when to leave.

I got on my bike, put the key in the ignition, fired up my sled, clutched and down-kicked it into first gear.
I slowly and carefully let off the clutch while applying throttle and smoothly made my way down the street as police sirens were heard from behind.

I thought to myself, "Boy, I'm glad I left when I did!"
I got to the end of the block, pulled in the clutch, applied the brake and came to a complete stop.

However, I forgot to put my foot down...

I fell over and broke a couple of records.
Looking behind me, I noticed no one so I picked up my bike, parked it on the curb and walked home.
DAMN!

Was I THAT messed up?
Obviously so....

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK.
One more "Pot" story.

Sometime, MANY years ago, I was cat fishing on the Waukarusa river, south of Lawrence, during August.

Friends, I have a fine sense of smell and could smell pot plants ready for harvest close by.
This was not a "wild" patch, but one that was cultivated.
I know the "smell." Like a skunk just hit by a semi....

I enlisted my Friend to assist by driving me to the road near where I surmised the crop was to drop me off with instruction to rendezvous in 30 minutes.

He dropped me off one moonless night, and I scrambled out of the car with a military duffel bag to disappear into the woods....
I followed my nose and soon found the crop.
To alleviate the precept of a hijacking, I dropped a few used camera flash bulbs in the "grow area."
What was the purpose of this, you may ask...
Think about it....

I had a machete and was harvesting the crop and within 30 minutes, I was laying low beside the road,
with a full duffel bag, waiting for my Friend to drive by to pick me up.....

The whole time that I was harvesting, I made sure that I didn't trip any "Booby-Trap" wires.
Pot growers are pretty vicious in protecting their crop....

I have other stories.....

Scott

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scott,

You were lucky since that was a commercial grow site if they caught you odds are you wouldn't be here to tell the story.

Regards + HH

Bill

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott,

You were lucky since that was a commercial grow site if they caught you odds are you wouldn't be here to tell the story.

Regards + HH

Bill

Much later, I found out that it was just one of the many sites that the individuals had.
They just chalked it up to a "loss of doing business."

Yeah, If I had been caught, it would have been bad.

And yes, there were trip wires.

I saw 3.
Which reminds me of trip wires that I used when I grew....
A deer once lost his life when he tripped one of my wires.

I am knowledgeable in botany,
and chemistry, dig?
And, perimeter defense....
SURPRISE!
Guess y'all didn't see that coming, did you?

Can you say, "Grafting?"
And, "Potassium Perchlorate?"

9k=

Potassium-perchlorate.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potassium_perchlorate

The addition of certain other compounds will accelerate the volatility of this substance....Trust me...I know.
Through experimentation, I was able to create "hell on earth."

I am not proud of my past nefarious activities....
Yet,

We all have such a past, don't we?

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tristan has a Birthday Tomorrow!

He will no longer be a "Teenager" as he will be 20.

His girlfriend presented him the surprise of paying for a tattoo.

30708751_2018208751835758_5415872838777176064_n.jpg

I messaged him that, "We all have a cross to bear."

I'm certain that he doesn't understand the Biblical meaning...

I'll explain it to him later.
It is a good looking tat, done where I get my tats....

https://www.facebook.com/krypticink/

by [h=5]Befnee Preez.[/h]
Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first time that I went to get a tat, at Kryptic Ink, Bef was there and she wore "Panties" that said, "Living Dead Girl" on her butt.
Don't ask.....

Of course, I had to comment....

Scott

Hoping that our Friend, Crispin is doing well....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread