CRISPINS CRITTERS

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Let is say this way: We have a very specific taste on music - simply the BEST :laughing7:

Sometimes my Friend, it is a song that others have never heard.
Our Friend, Bill, is good at showing us that.

Music is a language.
If you speak the tongue, you will never be alone.
For that language is known to all...

Sei gut, mein Freund!

Scott

And now,
Some ass-kickin' Waylon!

Last edited:

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom I love U2’s music!!!! Many years ago I was wandering around London, looking for a few pubs ( oh say it isn’t so) jamming to U2........ since they are an Irish band, was that blasphemous????? Hehehe

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My boat is currently in the shop. I’m having : a foredeck LED light mounted, an aft deck LED mounted ( both on the t-top) a second battery with a PERCO switch installed. The engine trim repaired. Engine tuneup. A marine band, VHF radio installed. When I Key the mic, it displays my GPS coordinates. This is one of the best radios made for safety!!! Trailer lights rewired and I think that’s it. Prepare her for spring and for my birthday.........I’m excited....... momma wants my head in a bucket! Hehe. Hell I paid less for my boat, than we did for her boob job!!!!! At least I’ll be able to play with my boat! Hahaha I’ve broken ribs before, but I tell you my current 3 broken ribs is kicking my arse!!! I’m getting old............

Last edited:

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/382228711414

Hey Johnny, this might be my next knife purchase...... what do you think? I’m an old Southern Boy by birth. One of our traditions is if someone gives you a knife, you hand them back a coin. The reasoning is you are “ buying” the knife with the coin and said knife doesn’t cut the friendship. You can use a penny I’ve done this my whole life. The one time I didn’t, it severed my friendship. Johnny or anybody else, have you guys ever heard of this?

Last edited:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/382228711414

Hey Johnny, this might be my next knife purchase...... what do you think? I’m an old Southern Boy by birth. One of our traditions is if someone gives you a knife, you hand them back a coin. The reasoning is you are “ buying” the knife with the coin and said knife doesn’t cut the friendship. You can use a penny I’ve done this my whole life. The one time I didn’t, it severed my friendship. Johnny or anybody else, have you guys ever heard of this?

Mate, have a look at the Mora Garberg or light my fire!

I have both and I am very very happy with them! Easy to sharpen and good quality. I still can shave myself with this knifes.

David Canterbury made some reviews about them

Last edited:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Sometimes my Friend, it is a song that others have never heard.
Our Friend, Bill, is good at showing us that.

Music is a language.
If you speak the tongue, you will never be alone.
For that language is known to all...

Sei gut, mein Freund!

Scott

And now,
Some ass-kickin' Waylon!

So true!

Thanks Buddy!!

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Hey Johnny, this might be my next knife purchase...... what do you think? I’m an old Southern Boy by birth. One of our traditions is if someone gives you a knife, you hand them back a coin. The reasoning is you are “ buying” the knife with the coin and said knife doesn’t cut the friendship. You can use a penny I’ve done this my whole life. The one time I didn’t, it severed my friendship. Johnny or anybody else, have you guys ever heard of this?"

2GF: Nice, but not my type. And: Yes I have heard that before along with others. Never hand a person an open pocket knife, Bad Luck. Same with blade first. NEVER EVER leave your prints on a bloody knife.

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone into online War Games? We do Battlefield 1942, seven nights a week, and we are in need of new blood. Please let me know.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

We're making some of this recipe as we speak. We do it a bit different by salting the slices overnight with weights on them.

Rinse and dry the slices the next morning and slice similar to the video and boil in the vinegar mixture drain and then add to the jar with the herbs, garlic and seasonings and top with olive oil. Let if age for awhile in the fridge say 1 week or so and enjoy.

Go figure my bloodlines is Irish, Scottish and French probably with a bit of native for good measure....lol and here I am preserving and eating food the Italian way lol...

Regards + HH

Bill

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Here you go roasted pepper salad. I tend to use some lemon juice or balsamic vinegar also to cut the olive oil and skip the anchovies.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Peter O'Toole on Letterman. This is one of the funniest talk show videos I've ever seen....lol.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RC,

Based on your link it seems that the custom of giving a coin in return for a knife is quite widespread.

Regards + HH

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread