Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At this time I’m up for anything!!

I'm nocturnal lol. Always like being up at night for the solitude. Which wasn't practical of course.
Sometimes I can't sleep and end up rising. Usually the next night I catch up.
Are you having trouble every night even if you have gotten little sleep? You taking any medications which might cause your insomnia?
There are herbal remedies which claim to help.
If you didn't have places to go and such I would almost go with it. Sleep when you need it. But that probably won't work.
What keeps you awake? If you need and want to sleep, you likely can find a lot of stuff on the internet to try.
My brother tried Melatonin and it seemed to help. You can get it without a prescription. It's a natural hormone produced by the body.

https://www.drugs.com/melatonin.html

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of my military career was at night. My friends visit me at night. I have to protect my family so I am forever walking my post from flank to flank and take no **** from any rank. My dreams when I do sleep are violent. Don’t touch me if I’m asleep, it won’t turn out well.Im off the charts hypersensitive. Yeah I’ve done it all, meditation, breathing exercises, no caffeine after 6 pm...... meds, I laugh at Melatonin........it’s a curse....I hear EVERY sound at night........and then I’m up, looking, patrolling, protecting.........

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Late one night a mugger wearing a ski mask jumped into a path of a well-dressed man and stuck a gun in his ribs. "Give me your money," he demanded.

Indignant, the affluent man replied, "You can't do this! I am a United States congressman!"

"In that case," replied the mugger, "give me MY money."

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

In honour of all veterans I'm sharing a couple of my detecting finds. WW11 US Air Force wings and Canadian voluntary service medal also WW11. Lest we forget.

Attachments

• resize wings (213x160).jpg
    resize wings (213x160).jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 67
  • ww11 medal.jpeg
    ww11 medal.jpeg
    5.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you research those Uncle Bill? That looks like current USAF Pilot wings.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2GF,

Well they were found about 5 or 6" deep at the base of a tree. From the research I did Lachine used to have an air force base which was active during WW11 and the pilots used to ferry planes to the UK for the war effort and even though the US wasn't in the war until after Pearl Harbor. Apparently some US pilots were helping with the cause at an earlier date.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2GF,

Well they were found at the base of a tree about 5 or 6" down. Lachine had an air force base that was operational during WW11 and part of their duties were to ferry planes to the UK for the war effort. And even though the US wasn't involved until after Pearl Harbor research appears to confirm there were US pilots working for the cause prior to that date.

Perhaps the design is still used today, however, it does appear to have been similar to what is shown 2nd row 1st picture from the left.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ww1...KHQ94AA8Q9QEwA3oECAMQCg#imgrc=tCBFmsQziVe93M:

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s cool information. Maybe the USAF of WWII, came up with those wings so many years ago and some 75 or so years later that’s the same wings used/worn today. Buddy this one of my favorite stories on here now. A fantastic history!!!!

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today is Veterans Day. It marked the end of WWI. Even though WWI lasted 4 years give or take, the US only participated for approximately 19 months.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s raining today. My grandson’s spent the night with me last night. We are having a Pirates of the Caribbean marathon!!!!!

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot to tell everyone. My 17 y/o nephew called me to wish me a Happy Veterans Day at sunrise....... he was once again deer hunting with a bow. He said it was 20 degrees F where he was!!!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2GF,

That's going to be my next challenge I'll work up to it slowly though don't want to end up with a hernia.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since the 11th hour, of the 11th day, of the 11th month, 100 years ago,
Veterans Day has been solemnly observed.

"Mourn not for the fallen warriors and protectors of Freedom. Instead, Praise God that such men lived ."
(paraphrased of General George S. Patton.)

Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread