CRISPINS CRITTERS

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ahh the sweet wanderlust of the nautical life....

Here's one way.
images.jpg

Then there is another way...
f3e713a7abbe5c5d441ded71fa7d7e11--funny-stories-funny-cartoons.jpg

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been a busy week....

My final chore was to contact "Good News At Noon," concerning my previous meeting and their project needs to wit:

Greetings!

Awhile back, I met with your husband concerning volunteering.
Allow me to refresh your memory:
I am a Volunteer Mentor at Hall County Veterans Court.
When I met with your husband, he gave me a tour of the property and we discussed many projects that need attention.
I am the guy who said that I can do Locksmithing.

Anyway, I met last Tuesday at the Court session with Danielle Gunn, the Coordinator, and discussed your needs and our efforts to bring some of your projects to fruition.
I told her that I'd communicate with you to provide her email address to see if we can get some of the Vets who attend Veterans Court interested in volunteering.

I had told your husband that if the opportunity for the Vets materializes, I would certainly be included as the "Supervisor/Liaison."
There would be NO worry about the effort and dedication exhibited toward any project undertaken.

Here is Danielle's email address:
[email protected]

I would encourage you to contact her and you should know that I will always assist in any way that I possibly can.
God Bless.

My Best Wishes,

Scott Xxxxxx

Hope all are Well,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good news and ?

The good news is that I got the second set of knobs and put them on my Victrola.

The "other" news is that I sold the $200 disc.

It was Blind Blake. "Rope Stretchin' Blues."

Guess I'll have to plate another disc for y'all.

Blues, of course!

Now then, what shall it be? :icon_scratch:

Y'all Be Well!

Scott

Victrola.jpg

Yeah, I chose green felt.....

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps I should explain what I mean when I say, "A busy week."

I was called into the Boss's office on Monday.

He said, "A Truck driver delivery guy lost a key to a client and they are freaked out. Can you rekey their locks and provide 10 keys?"
Well, of course, I had to reply..."Absolutely!"
But, it was in Atlanta....

Folks, I don't know my way around Atlanta, so I had to get online to find directions.
When all was said and done, it took me longer to drive to the location than it did to rekey 3 locks.

Then, on Wednesday, I was called into the Boss's office again.

This time it was to another location to repair a plumbing drainage issue created by another driver.
Again, I went online for directions.
Again, I repaired the issue.

Thursday, while I was at the admin offices, Jason, the 2nd in charge of the company saw me and said, "Scott, I really appreciate that you took care of two of our clients."

Later that day, I was again called to the Boss's office.

I said, Where am I going now?"

He said, "To North Druid Hills."
OK. Never been there, don't know where it is. Something about some sheetrock repair......

So, back to google maps for directions....

Got the job finished and reported back to the Boss.

He said that they are looking for a guy to travel around and repair damages that arise from deliveries. Wanted to know if I was interested.....Said that it would result in a substantial raise as it would be beneficial in placating current accounts and bridge goodwill with customers.
The "route" would cover several states in our delivery area.
I said that I would have to have requests met before I accepted.
Requests like a company van, equipped and outfitted to my specifications, a company credit card for supply purchases and per diem expenses, among other things.
He agreed.

I'm sure that this position has been discussed with the President of the Company and of course my name has been mentioned.....

So,
In anticipation of a possible reassignment, after work tonight, I bought a Garmin GPS rig.

Let's see where this goes, shall we?

Scott

I am pretty stupid about electronic crap.
Anyone have info on my purchase?

IMG_2630.JPG

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Perhaps I should explain what I mean when I say, "A busy week."

I was called into the Boss's office on Monday.

He said, "A Truck driver delivery guy lost a key to a client and they are freaked out. Can you rekey their locks and provide 10 keys?"
Well, of course, I had to reply..."Absolutely!"
But, it was in Atlanta....

Folks, I don't know my way around Atlanta, so I had to get online to find directions.
When all was said and done, it took me longer to drive to the location than it did to rekey 3 locks.

Then, on Wednesday, I was called into the Boss's office again.

This time it was to another location to repair a plumbing drainage issue created by another driver.
Again, I went online for directions.
Again, I repaired the issue.

Thursday, while I was at the admin offices, Jason, the 2nd in charge of the company saw me and said, "Scott, I really appreciate that you took care of two of our clients."

Later that day, I was again called to the Boss's office.

I said, Where am I going now?"

He said, "To North Druid Hills."
OK. Never been there, don't know where it is. Something about some sheetrock repair......

So, back to google maps for directions....

Got the job finished and reported back to the Boss.

He said that they are looking for a guy to travel around and repair damages that arise from deliveries. Wanted to know if I was interested.....Said that it would result in a substantial raise as it would be beneficial in placating current accounts and bridge goodwill with customers.
The "route" would cover several states in our delivery area.
I said that I would have to have requests met before I accepted.
Requests like a company van, equipped and outfitted to my specifications, a company credit card for supply purchases and per diem expenses, among other things.
He agreed.

I'm sure that this position has been discussed with the President of the Company and of course my name has been mentioned.....

So,
In anticipation of a possible reassignment, after work tonight, I bought a Garmin GPS rig.

Let's see where this goes, shall we?

Scott

I was going to comment on your "eye" and it's effect on the Victrola restoration. And your 'Hand" resulting in not just a restoration ,but a detailed one with focus....

No surprise your employer takes note of your attention to detail , and skill in making things "right".

It's on you as far as the mobile damage stomper outer position. Interesting though... And you are certainly capable. Barring a loss of tedious patience. L.o.l..

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RC,

When I first applied for my job, I thought that it was for my building maintenance and repair skills.
However, to many's surprise, it was learned that you can teach old dogs new tricks. Ergo my value to the company as a mechanic.
Currently, I have a Raymond pallet jack tore down because of a broken handle.
I have never tore down a Raymond jack handle before and have not used any books or diagrams.
It's just me and a machine.....MY Machine...
A relationship that many do not understand....
But, when I get my parts in, You can bet your sweet ass that I'll get it running safely and smoothly! Dig?

Now, it appears that my hand may play my strongest suit....
Perhaps that was the plan "From The Beginning....."

Be Well, my Friend.

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
However, one must have the ability to escape pressures of life and enjoy themselves, wouldn't you agree?

Tomorrow I will purchase a new rifle.

image401876-d38c40ce924f533f1ec272d817a58e97.jpg

.223 and .556....
Not for hunting.....
But for protection.
Protection of liberal Government.
Protection of usurpers of the 2nd Amendment.
Protection.
I am NOT afraid. I am ready.

Are You?

I hope that I will also get enough ammo to sight it in and have some for reserve.

How will you spend your weekend?

Me?
I'm gonna go shooting!

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"He ain't heavy, He's my Brother!
I got his back and he has mine...."

Watch this video....

God Bless my Fellow Vets.
Unless you have held another Vet, dying,
Unless you have talked another Vet from Suicide,
And, unless you failed.....
You really have no idea of where I've been and what I have done in my life.....
And, unless you have been there, you will never know......
I leave it to God for judgement, for I have done right.....

Scott

52338374_10216528716228464_2041545646829207552_n.j  pg

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Blahhh.
Shoveling snow. Fighting ice.
Getting one of the tractors running and charged up to better be able to clear the tarp shed should the next ice knock out power Tues. (?)
Lots of outages near , the outage map shows we don't have it. Must be sporadic. Power was on and off through the night.
Need a dog food run too while weather is half decent.
Some human food too while at it. luxuries more than staples.

Have a shanty on ski's I should break loose of the freeze and hook up the heater for a shakedown in the yard.
We'll see how getting around on the yards ice under the snow is before getting too ambitious.

Have to check lantern parts bags. Not sure if I used both the burner tube and burner I ordered. (Used a burner and a tube and not sure if another was ordered to replace it...Short one after finding a lantern bought for parts had the wrong tube/burner , and not sure what was robbed where it's been so long).
But , that would mean another lantern up and running. Maybe. Been fixing parts lanterns , and should only be one left to get running. Depending on cannibalism.:icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread