squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Question..I seem to be experiencing some tendinitis below my right thumb, down into my hand..I think it's the result of MD and syringe feeding wildlife!
Anybody ever experienced this and if so what helped?
Thanks,
Barb

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barb,

Might be carpal tunnel syndrome....might be worth checking it out by an MD.

Regards + HH

Bill

I did. .said it was either arthritis from so many old injuries ie animals of course or tendonitis. ..I think it's tendonitis myself..uh!
I am not much of a Dr person but I am going to request an ultrasound. .

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks,

Pretty good rendition of this song if you ask me....

Bryan Ferry - Knockin on heaven's door.

Thanks Bill,
I like that song and that is a good rendition!!:):):)

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Question..I seem to be experiencing some tendinitis below my right thumb, down into my hand..I think it's the result of MD and syringe feeding wildlife!
Anybody ever experienced this and if so what helped?
Thanks,
Barb

Amputation is the only cure! :laughing7:
Just kidding!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I did. .said it was either arthritis from so many old injuries ie animals of course or tendonitis. ..I think it's tendonitis myself..uh!

That's not good at all, maybe it just needs a little time to rest...

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's not good at all, maybe it just needs a little time to rest...

I am sure that's true, problem is how can a person do that when they are right handed? Lots to do..firewood animals work..Oh and sending messages to our forum!! Lol!
But thanks..:)

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I am sure that's true, problem is how can a person do that when they are right handed? Lots to do..firewood animals work..Oh and sending messages to our forum!! Lol!
But thanks..:)

Sounds like you need an assistant! LOL! I could send my son right over! That would help both of us out! :laughing7:

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Barb,

Might be carpal tunnel syndrome....might be worth checking it out by an MD.

Regards + HH

Bill

It is not carpal tunnel. Carpal tunnel is a median nerve entrapment. The median nerve runs down the middle of the wrist when the palm is turned up. The ulnar nerve runs down the pinky finger side and the radial nerve runs down the thumb side and turns inwards. If you don't have any numbness then you have just overused it. Keep some heat on it, rest it, and feed baby squirrels with the other hand.

Crispin

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ultrasound of what? There are no fluids. Ultrasounds are not diagnostic tests. If you think it is broken you can get an x-ray. Squiggy, you just overused it. Give it rest and heat and it will be better in a week.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

Now it's my turn to be the grasshopper.....I defer to your superior medical knowledge......but that's ok.....I'll trap you later when you least expect it on another subject.....lol....

Regards + HH

Bill

It is not carpal tunnel. Carpal tunnel is a median nerve entrapment. The median nerve runs down the middle of the wrist when the palm is turned up. The ulnar nerve runs down the pinky finger side and the radial nerve runs down the thumb side and turns inwards. If you don't have any numbness then you have just overused it. Keep some heat on it, rest it, and feed baby squirrels with the other hand.

Crispin

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Crispin

Thanks so much for the advice! Ice helps take the pain away and other times heat does feel good..I can't use the other hand for feeding tho cause I don't have the same control and they could asperate.
Good news they should be weaned in a week..:rolleyes:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Ultrasound of what? There are no fluids. Ultrasounds are not diagnostic tests. If you think it is broken you can get an x-ray. Squiggy, you just overused it. Give it rest and heat and it will be better in a week.

Crispin,You go to Med school,become a Doctor,and give free advice,I my Friend thank you.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

free the wild animals you hold in captivity without warrant

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks so much for the advice! Ice helps take the pain away and other times heat does feel good..I can't use the other hand for feeding tho cause I don't have the same control and they could asperate.
Good news they should be weaned in a week..:rolleyes:

I know you are not big into medicine; however, tendonitis is an inflammation of the tendons. Inflammation as an immune reaction that makes things tender, hurt, and red. If you take an anti-inflammatory (Aleve or Aspirin) prior to feeding then it will minimize the swelling and aggravation. Ice for 15minutes after feeding. Then use heat later on when it starts to feel tight. The heat will loosen up the tension.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions