Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The saying "say no to drugs" has always made me laugh.

If you're talking to drugs, it's probably too late to say no to them.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The message that I had previously sent to Congressman Collins to attend a session of Veterans Court was sent through a "Proxy."
His assistant whom I had dealt with earlier.

However, after not receiving a reply, I have just sent this message DIRECTLY to Congressman Collins, to Wit:

Honorable Mr. Collins;

I have met with you several times in the past concerning Veteran issues.
You encouraged me to participate in the Hall County Veterans Court, Honorable Judge Roberts presiding.
I followed your advice and now am a Volunteer Mentor for 4 Veterans.
I also am currently working with "Good News At Noon," a local non-profit Religious outreach organization to provide an opportunity for the guys to volunteer time and skills they may have.
I have met with a Court Co-ordinator and have secured appropriate approval.

I was hoping that you could sometime soon find the time to attend a session to help inspire the Vets and other Mentors.
I'm sure that your presence would be warmly received.

If I may be of assistance in facilitating this opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hall County Veterans Court meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at 8:00 am.
The next session is March 19th.
The Vets that I mentor and I would be proud to stand beside you to open the session with the Pledge of Allegiance.

My Best Wishes.
And may God Bless you, our Veterans and the United States!

Scott Xxxxxx

Yeah, I'm serious when it comes to my Brothers!

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday, a salesman for our company's "Fire alarm and Suppression" system treated the whole maintenance crew to lunch.

At Longhorn Steak.

I had a salad, a filet, medium rare and fried pickles appetizer.

And, earlier this week, the guy who supplies services for our batteries and chargers brought in BBQ!
I suspect that the battery and charger guy knows that we just spent hundreds of thousands of dollars
buying 20 or so new "center-rider" pallet jacks and we'll need batteries and chargers for them.....
And, I happened to overhear that soon, our company may soon be a Billion dollar a year Corporation....
But, what do I know? :dontknow:

Of all of the jobs I've ever had, none have ever come close to feeding me like this!

I LOVE my job!

However, I am troubled....

Nowhere on the property flies an American Flag.

And, since I was humble enough recently to rebuild the President of the Company's toilet, I will approach him to discuss this issue.

I will offer to pay for the cost of an American flag to fly proudly on the property,
if he would be willing to work with me on the cost of a flag pole and lighting to fly "Old Glory" 24/7.
I have the funds and love of America to make it happen with or without him.....

Only a Vet and a True American will understand my concern....
America's Flag is Freedom!

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And now, let's enjoy some music from my youth, shall we?

Certainly, others are playing games with you.
You see them every day.
Have you the time for their sh*t?
Yeah, me neither.
Leave them to their own foibles....
Life is a serious game that we play.
You only have one chance....
There are no "Do Overs."
Live today as if you have no tomorrow.
Be proud of who you are and how you will be remembered.
Because tomorrow is promised to no one....

Let's move on, shall we?

And, what tunes do you remember from your youth?

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a song that I played when I was a DJ on a radio station, WYMX, in Augusta, Georgia back in the 80's.
I guess that it counts as a "Song From My Youth....." :icon_scratch:

I won a contest to be a guest DJ by correctly answering the question,
"How many grooves are on a standard 33 1/3 rpm album, both sides?"

Back then, I had to take in several of my personal albums of songs that I wanted to air....

Scott

So, How many grooves?

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes, one's life may take a right turn....
I've been in touch with a restaurant in New Orleans and they like my resume.
As a lark, I applied when I visited last fall on vacation.
From turning wrenches to turning out award winning cajun dishes....
Yeah. Once a chef, always a chef.

Let's see where this goes, shall we?
As you might have noticed, I will soon have to change my life.
Fortunately, I have no "baggage" to tie me down.
I'm as free as a bird, to pursue my future....

How 'bout you?

Where shall I land and how shall I be employed?
Soon, I'll be 60 years old.
Friends, I have no worries for I have a lifetime of experience in many occupations and I am as young and strong as a twenty year old kid....
I lifted a 150 pound lower drive unit of a Crown 4500 double pallet jack to the parts washer and coworkers stood in amazement.
I blew them all away when I lifted it back to assembling it to the main drive unit.
Certain parts needed replacement, but, I got this, Dig?

An hour later, I had the lower drive unit installed and ready to slap the dress on the girl and send her back on the street to make money...
An "old man" will show you how it's done.

Scott

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
eaa0c148653eb16a28db4e2f75d42c58.jpg

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Laundry is spinning in the washing machine, one more round of dishes awaits attention to cleaning,
and I've bought a large hunk of corned beef (on sale) to slow cook with some cabbage and potatoes......

Tuesday is Veterans Court, awaiting word from Judge Judy, going to talk with the President of the company about a flag,
waiting to hear from a Congressman, and....

Whew! A full week awaits!

Y'all be well!

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems that I mentioned an invitation to be on "Jeopardy" awhile back....

Just found the letter from when I lived in Wichita, Kansas, over 20 years ago.....

IMG_2718.JPG

I wonder if the invitation still stands?

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My favorite Cinderella song....
I often find myself humming the tune, and singing out loud, "I'm Nobody's Fool!"

Sometimes co-workers and even the boss look at me with a quizzical look on their face when I bust out singing...

Co-workers know that I'm "old" (their words, not mine...) and have eclectic tastes in music, but, they REALLY don't understand....

Kipp, a younger co-worker, whose father is close to my age and a Vet, has told me that his Father wants to meet me.
Perhaps do some shooting together.
OK. Say when....

I'm a rocker from way back and I guess you would have to have been there to understand what music and certain songs meant
to me during my life.

A story of my youth....
When I was about 20, I decided to follow a guy to an "illegal house of gambling."
Buddy's name was, "Crazy Legs."
I was bold, young and ignorant.

We go to a house on the east side of Connecticut Street, only 2 blocks of my house, and soon, I had a $100 in the pot.
The turn of a card, the flash of a gun....
I never had time to draw my weapon.
I dove out of a window and my $100 on the table was what saved my life.

And, the worse part was having to explain how I lost $100 to my wife that night....

Scott

PS. OV, Good to hear from you my Friend!

Any one want to hear of me chasing someone through the projects looking for a clear shot?

7c6581e0536cf290d4396f592a2c5881.jpg

"You go, Scotty!

And, when will America realize the strength of American Patriots...
I am one to be reckoned with...Dig...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread