dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This song has always been a favorite of mine...for years. Listening to it tonight, I realized how eerily close it is to my best friend Jeff. He passed about a year and a half ago in a motorcycle accident. It is a loss I will never quite get over, though I’ve learned to accept it. If it wasn’t for Jeff, I would be in a very bad place today.
Years ago he was my brother in law, at the time he asked me to move out to California after I graduated high school and he would help me get started in life. Please understand I came from a very, very poor background and I honestly thought I had no chance at ever having a future, or anything but a life of misery and despair.
He did just that, got me started, and taught me how to make money out of seemingly thin air...he had a talent for making money and was a money making machine. We had some good times over the years!! In 2002 I thought I wanted to move back to maine and buy some acreage and build a house, so I did. I met my wife, and started a family. Jeff and I didn’t speak as often over the years as we naturally got busy with life. He and my sister divorced.
Then a few years ago he called me out of the blue and from that point on we spoke every night on the phone and he made a couple trips to maine. He was getting ready to retire and he purchased a five acre piece of land one door down from my house in our private development. He was going to build a new home there. I got his septic design and permit and the last trip out here we were busy clearing the land for the septic install as well as getting his cabin cruiser ready for the water to go on a mooring he purchased in the harbor next to my mooring. It was to be his place to stay while building the next summer. About a month or so after returning to Southern California I spoke to him on the phone for about a hour as usual. He was very excited about his boat and land. I fell asleep and a couple hours later got a call that stopped time. He had been killed at his exit on the 15 freeway...his roommate who I had never talked to called me. A young kid who had just gone through his own divorce. He had been on the phone with Jeff and told him to hurry up as he needed the gate pass to get in. Jeff didn’t make it home. That kid lost it on the phone with me. He had already identified the body at the wreckage. I hope I was actually comforting to him, even though I was in shock thousands of miles away...

Rest In Peace Jeff!!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New edition to the family. Quick shot, better pics will follow... I wish there were more hours in the day!

firebird 001.JPG

firebird 002.JPG

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! A rust free car I’m sure! 350 small block?

No it has a little rust which I'm addressing when I have time. It's going into the pole barn/shop. 1992. 305 TBI (throttle body injection)
I wish it had the 350! then it would be a TPI (tuned port injection) car My 89 year old Dad said I'm done driving, he backed in to a car.... other side has a scrape or three...
Added pic in the original post.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two boys are arguing when the teacher enters the classroom. The teacher says, “What are you two arguing about?”

One boy answers, “We found a ten-dollar bill and decided whoever tells the biggest lie gets to keep it.”

“You two should be ashamed of yourselves,” said the teacher. “When I was your age, I didn’t even know what a lie was.”

The boys looked at each other and handed the ten dollars to the teacher.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Argggh.
Sorry to read about your bud Diesel. A good thing ,you two crossing paths when you did.

After so much of my life being broke while still working hard and moonlighting to boot.... I have more than lint in my pocket.
Been putting a will together though not at an age where I have to , according to some. Having been too close to gone once , I figure it needs doing. What a mess though when I've not kept up on everything......
So far my second ex wife who I would not hand a cent to , was in line for at least 65 grand......See what I mean?:BangHead:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
diesel,

Sorry about your loss, but glad you have fond memories to remember him by. Life marches on so we all have to roll with the punches thrown our way.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

One of our favorite flicks when we started this damn war in Iraq.....

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You’ve gone too far when you mess with da man with no eyes!!!

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
these signs are funny:laughing7:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scotty!!
See that guitar?
Damn!!!!!!!!!!

You're talking about that double-neck?
I agree!
That is one smooth looking axe!

I can't tell by looking at it....they don't show it long enough for an ID, but it sure sounds like a Gibson....
Dual Humbucker pick-ups?

I've been a fan of the group from way back when they were Jefferson Airplane!

Now, THERE is some great guitars!

Hope you are well, OV!

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread