Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
18 years ago today. Where were you ? What were you doing when the Twin Towers were hit? I was in my office. My Colonel was in the break room watching the tv. He yelled for me. As I stood beside him, the second tower was hit. Complete silence. I said “ looks like I have some checklists to run.” “ close and lock all doors. We are going to one entry point.””We need to post a guard at the entrance”

Last edited:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
18 years ago today, my mom was getting ready to leave for school, to work at her job as a teacher in Manassas Virginia. My dad went to work at his fire department, Dulles International Airport, early in the morning. He remembers watching Flight 77 taking off at the runway.

Business went as usual at the department. After roll call, they set about with gear maintenance, and small jobs. Then around 9:00am, one of my dad's friends turned on the TV, and was shocked to see the Twin Towers in flames. The whole department was empty, except for that one breakroom with the TV. A few were in tears, a few with blank expressions, all shocked to see what was happening. One of his friends said, "My God, we are at war". Everyone knew what he meant.

Soon after 9:30, they learned that the Pentagon was hit. The chief yelled out that they were going. They were called to the Pentagon.

My dad threw on his gear, and called my mom who was in hysterics. When he said he was going to the Pentagon, she was understandably upset. Then the entire fire station left towards the wreckage of the Pentagon.

My dad drove one of the trucks there, and helped stop the blaze, and ensure folks got out. He, along with several of his fire fighter friends, volunteered to help search for dead or wounded people. All night long, my dad would tag body parts - half burned entrails, arms, legs, and pieces of someones head. My dad didn't sleep for almost a week after that. Neither did my mom.

My dad never told me this, it was my mom. She said that he didn't even tell her everything he saw.

A few days ago, one of my dads close friends who was with him at the Pentagon, died due to not wearing a proper face mask, and getting cancer.

My dad went outside this morning at 5:30, and he has been slowly working on small projects. He wants nothing to do with the TV today, and he just wants to be let alone. I can honestly say, that this event changed his life.

Remember 9/11

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was working a smaller remodel job at a factory in Wauwatosa Wi, hanging corner bead and zip in preparation for the lathers. Crappy job but it needed doing. Nobody on site but me, had the radio playing and it didn't really register till the second plane hit was reported. When I got home that night I turned on the tv, horrific. Only time I ever felt worse was when this happened -

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZXr1IeWbP10

I wasn't on site but I lost a good aquaintance that day. Drove past the site with the carpool home and everthing looked good except it was really windy. Got home, opened the door to find my phone ringing.

Nothing more sad than attending the funeral of a friend that got killed at work. I try to forget painful memories. It don't always work.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i wasn't born yet my dad and mom where at work when it happened everybody went home early that day :sadsmiley:

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
18 years ago today, my mom was getting ready to leave for school, to work at her job as a teacher in Manassas Virginia. My dad went to work at his fire department, Dulles International Airport, early in the morning. He remembers watching Flight 77 taking off at the runway.

Business went as usual at the department. After roll call, they set about with gear maintenance, and small jobs. Then around 9:00am, one of my dad's friends turned on the TV, and was shocked to see the Twin Towers in flames. The whole department was empty, except for that one breakroom with the TV. A few were in tears, a few with blank expressions, all shocked to see what was happening. One of his friends said, "My God, we are at war". Everyone knew what he meant.

Soon after 9:30, they learned that the Pentagon was hit. The chief yelled out that they were going. They were called to the Pentagon.

My dad threw on his gear, and called my mom who was in hysterics. When he said he was going to the Pentagon, she was understandably upset. Then the entire fire station left towards the wreckage of the Pentagon.

My dad drove one of the trucks there, and helped stop the blaze, and ensure folks got out. He, along with several of his fire fighter friends, volunteered to help search for dead or wounded people. All night long, my dad would tag body parts - half burned entrails, arms, legs, and pieces of someones head. My dad didn't sleep for almost a week after that. Neither did my mom.

My dad never told me this, it was my mom. She said that he didn't even tell her everything he saw.

A few days ago, one of my dads close friends who was with him at the Pentagon, died due to not wearing a proper face mask, and getting cancer.

My dad went outside this morning at 5:30, and he has been slowly working on small projects. He wants nothing to do with the TV today, and he just wants to be let alone. I can honestly say, that this event changed his life.

Remember 9/11

Changed us all...... changed us all.... I’m like your dad I don’t want anything to do with the tv today however, I’m flying my flag today in remembrance. I’m a GI, please tell your dad we did what we were allowed to do...... hands tied by the elected and appointed officials over us.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG What a day..... I was leaving to get my high schooler and as I pulled out of the driveway my neighbors 16 y/o Dachshund was running around. I went to their door, talked thru Ring told them what was going on and left. They weren’t home. I called my wife told her to send the 13 y/o out to put the dog in our backyard. Wife calls me “ get your ass home” the neighbors dog just bit Isaiah!!!!!!! I race home. Kid has 3 tooth marks in his hand and WOOOOSSSHHHH there goes the dog. My dog is chasing him. I yell at her and she stops. He runs into a 4 lane behind my house!!!! I see cars stopping. A cop turns his lights on and he can’t get the little nugget to stop. I yell “ officer that’s my neighbors dog” He says “ we’ll get her over here to get him” “ I said “ we are” she gets her dog back. All is well. She comes to my house says she’s sorry if he needs medical care let her know she’ll pay it.

Grandson is ok. My dog is ok. Lady got her dog back in one piece!!!!!!!! She said her dog is very mean! I said “ yep most older Doxies are” All ends well today........

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Remember 9/11

PS now my son is a Firefighter/EMT.....

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OMG What a day..... I was leaving to get my high schooler and as I pulled out of the driveway my neighbors 16 y/o Dachshund was running around. I went to their door, talked thru Ring told them what was going on and left. They weren’t home. I called my wife told her to send the 13 y/o out to put the dog in our backyard. Wife calls me “ get your ass home” the neighbors dog just bit Isaiah!!!!!!! I race home. Kid has 3 tooth marks in his hand and WOOOOSSSHHHH there goes the dog. My dog is chasing him. I yell at her and she stops. He runs into a 4 lane behind my house!!!! I see cars stopping. A cop turns his lights on and he can’t get the little nugget to stop. I yell “ officer that’s my neighbors dog” He says “ we’ll get her over here to get him” “ I said “ we are” she gets her dog back. All is well. She comes to my house says she’s sorry if he needs medical care let her know she’ll pay it.

Grandson is ok. My dog is ok. Lady got her dog back in one piece!!!!!!!! She said her dog is very mean! I said “ yep most older Doxies are” All ends well today........

Man, glad to hear everyone is okay. If I was you that dog would never be seen again, but glad you kept your cool.

P.S. my dad was a Firefighter, EMT, Crash truck driver, Ambulance driver etc for over 30 years. First in the Airforce, then in Virginia.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was driving to the dmv in San Bernardino to deal with a title issue. Listening to the radio and thinking the entire time, this can’t be real...must be a radio show like in the old days when they would tell stories on air as in reading a book. Got to dmv and it was locked down. It’s odd to see how our country was so united in that very moment and how George Bush kept his cool and dealt with this issue. I never would have guessed in that time how the liberals would take over and vilify our country and treat the offending people as victims in the years following. Heck one even became president...Obama and his hatred for our country and Christians was disgusting...

We should have wiped the Mid East off the face of the map...

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m well known for my t-shirts. I recently purchased one that reads” Bigfoot saw me, but nobody believes him”

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now I’m wearing a shirt that reads “Scuba Diving Ninja” hehehe

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn....... I’m at the Dr. The 13 y/o’s thumb is swollen from the dog bite. My wife is not happy

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And my favorite show is back- Bering Sea Gold! Years ago when this first came on, I asked a SF Dive instructor friend of mine if he would like to dive the Bering Sea for gold. He replied “ brother there’s a reason I live in Florida, I’m done with cold water diving!” Hehehe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread