Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Folks,

Kind of dark song....but a great tune and message nonetheless.....

Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia.

Bill, this song has always kind of creeped me out. Dark for sure.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks,

Kind of dark song....but a great tune and message nonetheless.....

Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia.

The movie was great!!! One I have seen more than once and I usually don't do that....The song sends such a moving message. ..

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lost a colleague who lived in San Francisco to the disease. ..tragic..

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Diesel,

Some people don't get it....sad or bluesy songs actually cheer you up....if you're feeling a bit down in the dumps play those type of songs for an hour or so.....and it gets you out of your funk....

Here's another one along those lines....

Bruce Springsteen - The River.

Bill, this song has always kind of creeped me out. Dark for sure.

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
The movie was great!!! One I have seen more than once and I usually don't do that....The song sends such a moving message. ..

I ran into somebody once who was intricately involved with this....2008, working on a hematology/oncology unit...one of the most inspiring people I have ever met.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Diesel,

Some people don't get it....sad or bluesy songs actually cheer you up....if you're feeling a bit down in the dumps play those type of songs for an hour or so.....and it gets you out of your funk....

Here's another one along those lines....

Bruce Springsteen - The River.

My good friend,

This song is a celebration of life. If it touched you then you passed the test...

Crispin
Bill, I understand the cheering up part from these songs. This particular song creeps me out because of the subject matter. AIDS has always creeped me out probably because as a young child I watched a TV program that talked about AIDS in the early 80's and the thought of death scared me. It is sad to think a terrible disease such as AIDS or any of the other fatal diseases out there can destroy a life. Especially if the disease is contracted by no fault of a person, a needle poke, blood transfusion, unfaithful partner or even a sexual attack.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

A true story that ties into the theme....about 1 month or so ago when visiting my inner city pub....Gilles and me were outside enjoying the fresh air and a couple of guys came along that were obviously gay....mid 50's or so...

Gilles shook their hands and gave them both a hug.....after they left it turns out that he had designated them as god parents to his oldest daughter...he never had to activate the agreement....but as tough ass as I can be I have to admit it brought a tear to my eye.

Try not to be judgmental....there's good and bad folks in all areas of life....

Regards + HH

Bill

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just stopped in to say good evening. Been on the phone two hours with Fla. bro-in-law, who arrives here next Tues. for two weeks of marathon fishing , rum, and fish frys. You all have the best of what's left of the night............Later......Gary

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
with fife and drum to isengard (sp.?) Flotsam and jetsam but no longbottom leaf for me thanks.
Tonight marks a week no nicotine or substitutes other than an occasional mint. Bought another boat to have a constant distraction to work in private, also long due to upgrade, if a project qualifies.. About a week out till shake down cruise. A beer on schedule to celebrate. Cheers all, winters coming if we don,t melt first!.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RC,

Glad you're hanging in there....hopefully things get a bit easier going forward.

Regards v+ HH

Bill

with fife and drum to isengard (sp.?) Flotsam and jetsam but no longbottom leaf for me thanks.
Tonight marks a week no nicotine or substitutes other than an occasional mint. Bought another boat to have a constant distraction to work in private, also long due to upgrade, if a project qualifies.. About a week out till shake down cruise. A beer on schedule to celebrate. Cheers all, winters coming if we don,t melt first!.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crazy thunder storm tonight, decided to leave for the camp in the morning.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good idea!

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good idea!

Tons of wind and rain, not to mention one fantastic light show. I can't wait to get out of town and do some deep wilderness detecting. I'll be sure to take a few pictures.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Temp. is 92, south winds, scattered clouds....Lake temp up to 75, level finally falling.......Live is good! Hope all of you are surviving this heat, and are taking care to stay cool and hydrated....Backbacon, have a good time at camp!!!!!...............Later........Gary

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gary,

I swung the coil at a nearby school yard this am....lasted about 1 1/2 hours.....I checked the weather and it was 94f and with the humidity 110f......the wind has picked up and cooled things down about 10 degrees since then.....

Regards + HH

Bill

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread