CRISPINS CRITTERS

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I for one have become more comfortable around animals that people, they listen to you, don't argue, are glad to see you when you get home, eat whatever you feed them, and don't complain when they are left alone. My springer would go out on the ice and raid the ice fisherman's pails, could sit in my window and watch them chase him, but when he scratched to come in there was always 8-10 frozen perch on the back stoop to clean.....he would also bring firewood home from the neighbors......Boy, do I miss him. Have always had dogs around, but Nicki was a one of a kind, and we never replaced him. No other dog could have lived up to his antics. Now we are content to have the neighborhood dogs all stop for a visit and a treat. During the waterfowl season my buddies 2 labs spend a lot of time here at the house curled up with the wife on the couch. Ahhhhhh, the fine memories that have just flooded in.......Later.......Gary

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Animals are so very special...from the wildlife I am allowed to serve to my kitties...
One thing about Maine coin mixed cats is that they are known for doggie like traits. ..
They are wonderful..loyal, tummy rubs, head butting guys!!
Bbrother is missed...

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hows the joke go?
Lock your spouse and dog in the trunk and see who,s happy to see you after four hours.( I,m kidding, I would never do that to my dogs.)

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today is hot and humid here on the Lake, and the thread is busy already......Time for a little food to go with the music.....this is from my collection of Fla. seafood recipes, from which someday I'll finish the book I started over 15 years ago....but would rather collect the recipes and eat instead of write.

Tonight a light summer fare:
Cucumber-shrimp folls with dipping sauces;
You will need some jumbo shrimp, an English cucumber, bamboo skewers,seseme seed oil( to keep shrimp from sticking to skewers),some lemon
and lime wedges.

take the cleaned and deveined shrimp and implale with an oil soaked skewer so thay the shrimp is held straight, add to boiling water for no more than 3 mins., and plunge into ice water.
With a vegetable peeler, cut some strips of cucumber, and tightly wrap the shrimp, minus the skewer, and secure with toothpick. I have also wrapped sprigs of cilantro, or thin slices of hot pepper in the bundle.
Serve with a cocktail sauce, of your liking, and I like a dipping sauce of wasabi, mixed with soy sauce, garlic, and diced green onion.
You are free to use any sauce, or dressing that tickles your fancy.

I like to have this and the other assorted vegetables that with a cold antipasto plate of tomato, cheeses, salami, soprasata(a very good Italian hard sausage), add to this all the regular vegatables you would serve on a plate,( broccoli, carrot, celery, cauliflower, etc.). Ranch and Blu-cheese dressing for dipping and your favorite cold beverage, and you have a feast, with very little cooking......Enjoy.....Gary

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Gary's supper sounds delicious....here's Canada's Blue Rodeo for your enjoyment - Hasn't hit me yet.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sheesh, after all the drooling over animals can we move on?

Now tell me your thoughts on swimsuit models..

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heading out to the bush for more detecting and rock hunting tomorrow, I'll try to check in later. Have a safe and happy weekend everyone and I don't want to hear of anyone getting any vacations while I'm gone. :laughing7:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chris,

Have fun and good luck detecting.

Regards + HH

Bill

Heading out to the bush for more detecting and rock hunting tomorrow, I'll try to check in later. Have a safe and happy weekend everyone and I don't want to hear of anyone getting any vacations while I'm gone. :laughing7:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

then get your hide back in your house!! (or put in earplugs)

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
My friends,

It is with heavy heart that I take my leave. At this point in my life I can no longer continue on this path. I am sure that most of you understand, "Something has got to give." If something does not give then something has to break. The stress of what I do has overwhelmed me. I once looked to TNet as a release and found comfort in it. I can no longer do so, my core beliefs would be compromised if I continued to turn the other cheek. I choose not to fight. Several of you have my email. Diesel and Bill can put me in touch within hours of anybody who needs my help. Please do not hesitate to call on me, you will be in my thoughts. Until another time...God Bless.

Crispin

Ps. Worldtalker, thank you for everything that you have given to me in your chosen words. You will never know the effect you have had on me or others I have reached.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
My friends,

It is with heavy heart that I take my leave. At this point in my life I can no longer continue on this path. I am sure that most of you understand, "Something has got to give." If something does not give then something has to break. The stress of what I do has overwhelmed me. I once looked to TNet as a release and found comfort in it. I can no longer do so, my core beliefs would be compromised if I continued to turn the other cheek. I choose not to fight. Several of you have my email. Diesel and Bill can put me in touch within hours of anybody who needs my help. Please do not hesitate to call on me, you will be in my thoughts. Until another time...God Bless.

Crispin

Ps. Worldtalker, thank you for everything that you have given to me in your chosen words. You will never know the effect you have had on me or others I have reached.

Thank you my Friend.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

Do what you have to do buddy.....you've got my contact info so make sure you stay in touch.

Regards + HH

Bill

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crispin,

I understand your position fully, and also why you have to do what you have to do, I to have tired of the constant questions and fights over positions that are ones own, and I will not, like you compromise my core beliefs, and it's entirely possible that other's too will follow your suit. You have helped me when I needed it with my Father's condition, and if you ever need the favor returned, all you need to do is ask. If you aren't actively viewing, I'm sure Bill will forward my well wishes. You take care my friend, you'll survive, we all do, and we all will continue to prosper......Gary

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My friends,

Crispin

Crispin, it has been an honor to have fought at your side. The highest honor a Spartan gave a man was allowing him to fight at his side.

I am Spartan at heart. And I know you are as well. Like they said in 300, " we stand here 10,000 Spartans against 100,000 Persians. Good enough odds for any Spartan"

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crispin...Although you will be missed, I will respect the limit you have set.
I don't know what has happened. I think you know where I Stand on certain subjects and the things I strongly disagree with.
For myself I feel I can remain strong in my beliefs in the face of the differences.
I stay away from the threads that anger me..I hope you will reconsider at some point.
You are cared about and will be missed!
You know where I am!
My best to you, Eva and your family...
Barb

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread