Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2GF, I'm in and I ain't going nowhere, that I know of! Only Dog or gubberment gonna make me move! LOL!
I almost spit my fruit juice all over the screen, when I read what you wrote, about what your wife said! LOL!

I actually enjoyed reading Frankns' thread, link below......
it kinda got side wobbled, but things in it, I kinda tend to ponder over.......

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/everything-else/372419-what-type-person-you.html

Hope everyone has a great day! or at least, can find a beer or two! LOL!

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I am the type of person that would not purposely try and hurt someones feelings unprovoked. I am also the type of person that doesn't believe that ones complex belief system should trump everyone else'. I am surprised that everyone/anyone would skirt it. I like squigs, But why should I hide my conversation with Backbacon because she might seek it out and be offended?

Why can't we all allow that some things we don't agree with so we won't participate in that discussion? I have been watching how this group dynamic worked itself out. Looks like we really can be enslaved to others beliefs so that we may be liked by the group.

Well, since I am in an independent orbit, I don't really mean "we".
Don't worry, I am still right,, there will probably be a lot more offended than 1 person here!:laughing7:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Something a bit different and maybe even inspirational...even though it's over 300 years old still pretty valid
philosophy to my mind.

Child of the Universe - Desiderata.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Squiggy, if I had anything to do with you leaving us I am truly sorry. Suddenly my Double Chocolate Stout after a trying evening at the asylum doesn't taste too well.... Please reconsider your decision and I will be so bold as to speak for all of us here that we DO NOT WANT YOU TO LEAVE US. I have taken the liberty of starting a hunting and fishing Thread so that some of us here can discuss such things there and not here. I'm sure that everyone can respect one another here and that is what we have built this Thread on from the beginning amongst other aspects of common decency. Let's face it, our range of differences here is what makes this collective so strong, divided we fall. Take this picture for instance, they're the best of pals.

View attachment 886371

Hi BBACON and everyone else..
I have been thinking all this over A LOT!
I so appreciate your solution BB and your caring enough to try and solve this situation.
I feel very stuck. .empass. ..and I will explain. .
My personal and professional approach is to encourage people in my life to speak what is on their mind.
I read your post Dave and I want to clarify something. ..This is not as simple as having different feelings about something. ..that would be easy for me! For me when I see things on the topic it brings up images that stay with me for a long time! For my own comfort I try to stay away from that kind of personal trauma!
I don't believe (as suggested) that people are being thoughtful because they just want to be liked...That is insulting to all!
I DONT EXPECT the thread to work around one person...me..! It appears that at least one person probably more, will be resentful of a separate thread for hunting.
So I really don't know what to do...feels like a no win to me.My only solution seems to be to step back for
while and post on an occasional basis...and actually that would be ok with me...
I think how we work this out is important for all...and I do care so much...
My Best,
Barb

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Squig,

We all have to do what is right for us, if we don't take care of ourselves, no one else will. You will always reside close to us, and please join us when you feel you want or need to....my best always.....Gary

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for speaking squiggy.

I was impressed with BB's suggestion and a little floored! I should say, "Wow BB, how kind and compassionate, that you would go out of your way, to be cause for another to be comfortable(or at least not be uncomfortable)". That took CONSCIOUS thought, we could all stand to consciously think sometimes, about what falls out of our mouths, myself included!
Didn't Forrest Gump define a gentlemn as, "One who attempts to make others, feel comfortable, in their presence."?

Everyone has invisible triggers and switches.
If I knew a lady I was talking to, had a double radical mastectomy, (If I had breast implants), I wouldn't stand there and rave about how great they are, and they make me a woman, and gloat how women that DON"T have breasts are less of woman.
If I KNEW someone had a deficiency or handicap in a particular area, I would not harp on, or expound with gruesome details, about experiences with "their" situation, that I am sure would CAUSE pain for that person. Sometimes, ppl just don't need the reminders of horrors and loss. I could also, go into many ugly details of A LOT of things, ya'll would probably have ME banned for! LOL! I just don't go certain places....... anymore
for reasons.......

And squiggy is right, in as much, as it has nothing to do with "being liked". I got just as much right as anyone, to be a kind considerate person or be a jerk. You want me to like you, come pay my bills, thank you! LOL! If you can consciously look down at someone, pick their open wounds, and CONSIOUSLY seek to inflict hurt on someone, I try my best to stay away from "those type" ppl, and I KNOW many of them, some I even have to call "family". LOL!

And Dave, I do think you hit mail on head, in that we are conditioned to degrees, for societal acceptance. I feel that has more to do with ego and getting ahead, or over on some one, being "liked", than it does for communal harmony. Folks, (in general) will fight to the death, rather than be deemed as wrong or incorrect, or called out for maybe having "crossed a line"(not an Obama reference, LOL, don't go there, LOL)

I do feel also, as squiggs said, how we handle this IS important. It takes strength to be benevolent, forgiving, humble, giving.
Any old but hole can puff up, strut, and display, it takes a strong person to throw off all the haughtiness, and put on the robe of humbleness.
The things we deem as strengths, seem to be liabilities, where as, things we seem to deem as weaknesses, actually are assets and take MORE strength to accomplish(and are guided by better for all, than selfish motives), imho.
I hope we all do good, because we all matter!

I also have to disclaimer, that, I don't talk good, I forget, go mew mew mew, then forget what we're talking about. So, if I come cross as a Jacksonville train yard derailment, please remember: I do ALL this and MORE!, LOL! With No use of drugs or alchohol! LOL! That's why for me, I have such a good time with a glass of wine, maybe more so, than most! LOL!
And NO, I am not blonde! LOL! See, they'll probably be 47 more posts, before I can scan, edit, re-read, re-correct and hit submit! LOL!

I hope we're still having fun! oh lord help me......... lol!

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I have a solution! Sounds like maybe the best thing would be to remain a member and post occasionally! I feel like that will give people the room they need to be themselves and I can also take care of myself!
Thanks for all the pm and thread messages. ..THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!
Seems like a win win...so Bill if you will be good enough to leave me on the list please...:)

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey...i am not on the list...but here I am...a party crasher?

If your not on it...
You need to be put on the list pippin with a job description as well...:)

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey...i am not on the list...but here I am...a party crasher?
Whadayamean your not on the lists?
I thought everyone was on the lists?
Did you want to be on the lists?
We can get you on the lists!
:laughing7:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Barb,

I had no intention of taking you off the list.....this thread is like the Hotel California...you can check in but you can never leave....lol...

Regards + HH

Bill

I think I have a solution! Sounds like maybe the best thing would be to remain a member and post occasionally! I feel like that will give people the room they need to be themselves and I can also take care of myself!
Thanks for all the pm and thread messages. ..THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!
Seems like a win win...so Bill if you will be good enough to leave me on the list please...:)

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Wait ,I didn,t p.m. ya yet Squig!.
All them nights, just you an me, c,mon Squig we can do this...:laughing7:
Same ol. We try to get along on Crispins thread cause we want to and it was agreed long ago to be nice .
Knowing whats nice requires knowing audience likes and dislikes and not picking on dislikes on purpose.
Yes we can and should stand up for our beliefs else where when being debated if it feels required.
I take it for granted insulting ladies is off limits here also,Squig owes me a couple all ready but has been gracious about it.
Its o.k. if she likes me, o.k. if she don,t but on this thread i,ll not try to make her not!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread