Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My family loves to climb we go to an indoor rock climbing gym. So one day my wife goes with us. After the boys and I climb for a while she says " hook me up" I was shocked she's never done anything like that. So the the 12 year old climbs beside her and the 8 year old stays on the ground and they coach her to the top of the 34 foot wall! We were so proud of her! Once she made it she said now what? I said I got you, just lean back and fall and I'll let you down.......I can't...... Sure you can. After about 15 minutes she let's go and I belay her to the ground. She was exhausted. I said you did it! You learn a lot about yourself on that rock. You are a person that can't let go...... She said you know, you're right! We were so proud of her!!! She still climbs.....

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks,

Talk about a child prodigy.....Derek Trucks playing Layla as an opening act for the Allman Brothers at the ripe old age of 13....lol...

Bill,

Once again I must compliment you on introducing me to talent that I was not aware of. :notworthy:

So, here's Derek in 2014.

Best Wishes,

Scott

PS.
Whar's the holiday recipes?

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a little question for y'all....

Name your 3 favorite TV shows/programs.

The stereotype of old people is; "Matlock," "Murder She Wrote" and "The Price is Right."

How well do the shows that you watch define you?

Best,

Scott

Ok. I'll start....
"Ancient Aliens," "C-Span" and "PBS".
Wow! What's that say about me?

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey critters, I miss ya'll. I got no time and too much to do...... just wanted to pop in...... :hello:
I'm still glueing seashells, making earrings, nautical stuffs, other stuffs, and stuffs. Me and the neighbor are going to do the big craft show this weekend and she's worried we don't have enough stuffs. :icon_scratch:

I'm working as fast as I can!..... :laughing7:

housecat.gif

TGF, lotsa life lessons in everything, if one is awake and paying attention. :notworthy: I had one too, I was going to share, but it went wwhhooosshhhhh, lol, got too much on my mind, it'll come back, maybe :laughing7:
So we'll be at booth 39(i think) at the rodeo arena in Davie sat and sun, I'll try to get pics(I really should, the neighbor is so excited). When ya visit the etsy store, ebay, craft booth, or where I be hanging out with friends(like here), think this song :laughing7:

I may have to give ya'll my Christmas card early this yr. :santasmile: Scott you got yours ready yet? :laughing7:
ya'll lemme know on the card thing, it won't be all centered and perfect, like Scott's will be, LOL. :laughing7:
ok glue and glitter time.....oh joy :laughing7:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pat,
Now is the time for gluing, Fa la la la la la and all...:laughing7:

I also make jewelry for myself and friends. None really for sale....
I've had classes in silver and goldsmithing.
I know of lost wax casting and hand-wrought techniques.

I also do beading, cross-stitch and have made 3 quilts. Working on my 4th.

If you need advice or design ideas, let me know!

Have a Merry Christmas!

Best,

Scott

PS. I have a modest collection of loose gemstones, if you're interested. I can provide clear close-up photos....8-)

Oops!
Guess I had better center this post.....:laughing7:

Also,

Picture 143.jpg

An example of some earrings I made with diamonds, sapphires, rubies, emeralds and other gemstones I had laying around one Christmas season.
I also made the display stand.
Solid walnut.

I visited my Friends and told them to choose their gift from me.

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scott,

I have a soft spot for the twisted British humor....so I'd go with Faulty Towers, Monty Python and Red Dwarf.....here's some skits from Red Dwarf to amuse you and the troops....lol...

Here's a little question for y'all....

Name your 3 favorite TV shows/programs.

The stereotype of old people is; "Matlock," "Murder She Wrote" and "The Price is Right."

How well do the shows that you watch define you?

Best,

Scott

Ok. I'll start....
"Ancient Aliens," "C-Span" and "PBS".
Wow! What's that say about me?

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pat,

Good luck with your upcoming sale....let's hope you sell out and make sure you give all your customers contact info for your etsy site....of course you've probably already thought of that.

Regards + HH

Bill

Hey critters, I miss ya'll. I got no time and too much to do...... just wanted to pop in...... :hello:
I'm still glueing seashells, making earrings, nautical stuffs, other stuffs, and stuffs. Me and the neighbor are going to do the big craft show this weekend and she's worried we don't have enough stuffs. :icon_scratch:

I'm working as fast as I can!..... :laughing7:

View attachment 1090073

TGF, lotsa life lessons in everything, if one is awake and paying attention. :notworthy: I had one too, I was going to share, but it went wwhhooosshhhhh, lol, got too much on my mind, it'll come back, maybe :laughing7:
So we'll be at booth 39(i think) at the rodeo arena in Davie sat and sun, I'll try to get pics(I really should, the neighbor is so excited). When ya visit the etsy store, ebay, craft booth, or where I be hanging out with friends(like here), think this song :laughing7:

I may have to give ya'll my Christmas card early this yr. :santasmile: Scott you got yours ready yet? :laughing7:
ya'll lemme know on the card thing, it won't be all centered and perfect, like Scott's will be, LOL. :laughing7:
ok glue and glitter time.....oh joy :laughing7:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scott,

You asked for Christmas recipes....here's one you may want to try.

It's a very traditional Quebec recipe going back to colonial days.....the recipe makes 6 pie size meat pies but you can scale it back to suit your requirements.

It would be served with mashed potatoes and brown gravy or my choice ketchup.

Meat pies (Tourtières) ?? Recipes | Ricardo

Regards + HH

Bill

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott,

You asked for Christmas recipes....here's one you may want to try.

It's a very traditional Quebec recipe going back to colonial days.....the recipe makes 6 pie size meat pies but you can scale it back to suit your requirements.

It would be served with mashed potatoes and brown gravy or my choice ketchup.

Meat pies (Tourtières) ?? Recipes | Ricardo

Regards + HH

Bill

Bill,
Thanks!

It sounds like something that I could make ahead of time, freeze, wrapped in foil and take on one of my camping adventures.

A neat "heat and eat" meal. No muss, no fuss. No pots or pans required camp side.
Set upon a hot rock next to a crackling campfire,
All that's required is a fork and an appetite!

Of course, ingredients can be substituted, added or omitted, depending upon preferences....
A big cup of "campfire coffee" for you, my Friend! :coffee2:

Best Wishes and a Very Merry Christmas, My Friend, to You and Yourn!

Scott

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scott,

Yeah the herbs and seasonings can be adjusted to everyone's preference....heck my wife adds old bay, ras el hanout and a multitude of other stuff...

The traditional seasonings were limited back in the day so that's what they used.

Regards + HH

Bill

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget your Coca-Cola Salad ! :laughing7:

9c019371-e8c1-4632-b56b-d95b3bfd0042.jpg

I'll hafta check out the recipe when I can start cooking again. I also make up an ultra large spaghetti sauce, with the fresh veggies, mushroom heavy, and freeze back single and double containers. Clam sauce in a can and linguinis' good in a pinch, too.
I'm making myself hungry. I chilled some peach halves, I'll fill em with a mayo dollop and top with chedder cheese, better than the BIG bag of M&M's that keep calling for me and won't leave me alone! :laughing7: oohh chocolate milk :laughing7:

Haven't heard ole Derek Trucks in a long time, good tunes, yay, back to the glitter, I swear, If I burp or cough, I'll "poof" a unicorn fart. :laughing7:

oh yeah: Ancient Aliens, Married With Children & Fox news. :laughing7:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget your Coca-Cola Salad ! :laughing7:

View attachment 1090094

I'll hafta check out the recipe when I can start cooking again. I also make up an ultra large spaghetti sauce, with the fresh veggies, mushroom heavy, and freeze back single and double containers. Clam sauce in a can and linguinis' good in a pinch, too.
I'm making myself hungry. I chilled some peach halves, I'll fill em with a mayo dollop and top with chedder cheese, better than the BIG bag of M&M's that keep calling for me and won't leave me alone! :laughing7: oohh chocolate milk :laughing7:

Haven't heard ole Derek Trucks in a long time, good tunes, yay, back to the glitter, I swear, If I burp or cough, I'll "poof" a unicorn fart. :laughing7:

oh yeah: Ancient Aliens, Married With Children & Fox news. :laughing7:

Pat,
Thank you for the chuckle..."Married with Children..." :laughing7:

al2.jpg

I admit it....

How about "Night Court" or "Barney Miller?"

And of course, "The Benny Hill Show"

Name the song's title and the original artist known for the song!
(Difficulty factor: Without Googling.)

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott,

Yeah the herbs and seasonings can be adjusted to everyone's preference....heck my wife adds old bay, ras el hanout and a multitude of other stuff...

The traditional seasonings were limited back in the day so that's what they used.

Regards + HH
Bill

Bill,
If you ask your wife, she will reply, quietly, that, "The secret is in the sauce."

I have learned much of culinary skills including usage of spices and seasonings having been a "Kitchen Manager" of a College sorority among other "cooking" jobs in the past......

(That ought to get Jeff's attention. :laughing7: )
Yeah,
A story or two here....
College girls coming down for breakfast in their sleep ware.....
I knew what each girl wanted....

In their omelet.
Shame on your dirty mind!

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My Best Wishes,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know,
It might be time to tune up my guitar and work on some songs I have in mind....

Who knows....
Maybe the right combination of lyrics will meet the right melody.
Then perhaps we all will sing the same song!

Best Wishes,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My family loves to climb we go to an indoor rock climbing gym. So one day my wife goes with us. After the boys and I climb for a while she says " hook me up" I was shocked she's never done anything like that. So the the 12 year old climbs beside her and the 8 year old stays on the ground and they coach her to the top of the 34 foot wall! We were so proud of her! Once she made it she said now what? I said I got you, just lean back and fall and I'll let you down.......I can't...... Sure you can. After about 15 minutes she let's go and I belay her to the ground. She was exhausted. I said you did it! You learn a lot about yourself on that rock. You are a person that can't let go...... She said you know, you're right! We were so proud of her!!! She still climbs.....

Ya know, my Friend,
I've been reading your posts and it appears to me that you have enough personal strength to share. And you do! :thumbsup:

I see your strength as an American Soldier,
trained in their duty, yet tempered with the compassion of a human being.
You are one of my Heroes! :notworthy:

My respect and Best Wishes,

Scott

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions