Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 9 y/o grandson was born 3 months early. He weighed 1 pound. He was in the Neonatal ICU for 3 months. Several times the family was called together to say good bye. He is my best friend. I am his biggest pal and protector. We knew there would be developmental issues and there are. I hate labeling children. It wasn't until the second grade did he decide he was left handed. Remember he failed kindergarten, but they waited until the last semester to make that determination. School is hard for him. I am his teacher, his advocate, his mentor. I go to bat for him. I do homework with him when he breaks pencils because he don't want to be there. I take him to tutoring. I am the face his school knows...... His dad when he was around use to slap him in the head homework time. He tried it in front of me I grabbed his hand said if you touch that child, I'll break your arm!!!!!! He is dyslexic. He has dyscalculia....... I'm tired of being nice to his teacher. One damn thing I'm good at is research. I'm about to let his school, his teacher and the principal have it!!!!!!!!! Sent a note home last night quiz tomorrow on 5 times tables..... SORRY YOU CANT DO THAT WITHOUT PREPARING HIM!!!!! Damn school system what's their purpose? Stump the dummy ? Ok we can play this game, not my boy....,,,,,,,,

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My 9 y/o grandson was born 3 months early. He weighed 1 pound. He was in the Neonatal ICU for 3 months. Several times the family was called together to say good bye. He is my best friend. I am his biggest pal and protector. We knew there would be developmental issues and there are. I hate labeling children. It wasn't until the second grade did he decide he was left handed. Remember he failed kindergarten, but they waited until the last semester to make that determination. School is hard for him. I am his teacher, his advocate, his mentor. I go to bat for him. I do homework with him when he breaks pencils because he don't want to be there. I take him to tutoring. I am the face his school knows...... His dad when he was around use to slap him in the head homework time. He tried it in front of me I grabbed his hand said if you touch that child, I'll break your arm!!!!!! He is dyslexic. He has dyscalculia....... I'm tired of being nice to his teacher. One damn thing I'm good at is research. I'm about to let his school, his teacher and the principal have it!!!!!!!!! Sent a note home last night quiz tomorrow on 5 times tables..... SORRY YOU CANT DO THAT WITHOUT PREPARING HIM!!!!! Damn school system what's their purpose? Stump the dummy ? Ok we can play this game, not my boy....,,,,,,,,

I doubt I could cheat him on a bait count.
While you help him persevere in academics you do too in real life.
What balances he is exposed to will factor in what balance he works the most through his own experiences.
A hybrid adaptation tailored to his way, less appealing to a common school due to uniqueness, but the end result anyway probably, one way or another..
School when we went did better with students that related to teachers techniques.
We all likely had one or two we could not sync with and learning went out the window with.
Being like that with all or many of them would indeed need a advocate.
Hang in there 2 G.F..
Keep Jr. tadpole'n over , under , or around while learning his way, by your example and encouragement , and by his own deciphering at times.
We know book learnin vs hands on is a balance for some , and a conflict for others depending on perspective and experience.
Which one or both working to catch fish depends on who is fishing, among other variables.
But fish get caught regardless.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BOOOYAH !!!! Let's just say I'm pretty good at research. Sometimes you have to applaud the teachers efforts, but remind them your child is special. He has an IEP, individual education plan, signed by everyone including the school psychologist which states the agreed upon plans for his education. Therefore REMINDING her of the "rules" it was once said " a good politician can tell you to go to hell in such a manner.......you'll look forward to the trip " score one for 2GF!!!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

My son has had a iep for several years now. Not because he's stupid but rather a variety of reasons. The biggest reasons being the teachers and common core. I can say the iep is just about worthless. The only thing the school is concerned with is getting good test scores out of the kids. Not what's best for them and certainly not about teaching them to think for themselves and be independent. It's about making them mind numb robots.

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
This is why we toured the local Christian school, we are seriously considering putting him into there next year for the beginning of seventh grade. It will depend largely on how he tests in April as to what grade they would want to place him in. I don't mind paying tuition if it keeps him away from common core...

Last edited:

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my research, much emphasis is placed on a 3 rd graders FSA reading test. You can not " opt out " however what he can do is open the test, sign his name, and return the test. He then is to ask to be removed from the others. He can not be pushed into testing he has now followed the letter of the law which is termed. " minimally participated" There are NO repercussions for him period. This can not be held against him in anyway. At the beginning of the school year I told his teacher he would not be participating in the FSA and directed her to open a portfolio which she did. His passing of the 3rd grade will be based on this portfolio which he has a current grade level of "B" and I too keep copies of all the work he does. Today his teacher informed me his multiplication tables are timed. He has 5 minutes to do the test. I reminded her that according to his IEP NO math tests will be timed....,,, I have hundreds of oarents backing me....,,, like a lawyer missy......ask an open ended question, but don't ask a question you don't know the answer too. These kids do homework every night and sometimes over the weekend and Holidays..... She informed me that she had sent me an email... I stopped her.. Xmas 'am did you send an email to me or an all call? Unless I answered it, there is no proof I received your email. Email Madame is NOT an effective form of communication, it is what some consider a convenient form of communication. Which means you send, I reply, we communicated. Which in this case did not happen... X sorry lady, you picked the wrong man to pick on..... See that? That's my ducks in a row !!!!!!

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No child is stupid..... Like I always say no bad crews only bad leaders

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
In my research, much emphasis is placed on a 3 rd graders FSA reading test. You can not " opt out " however what he can do is open the test, sign his name, and return the test. He then is to ask to be removed from the others. He can not be pushed into testing he has now followed the letter of the law which is termed. " minimally participated" There are NO repercussions for him period. This can not be held against him in anyway. At the beginning of the school year I told his teacher he would not be participating in the FSA and directed her to open a portfolio which she did. His passing of the 3rd grade will be based on this portfolio which he has a current grade level of "B" and I too keep copies of all the work he does. Today his teacher informed me his multiplication tables are timed. He has 5 minutes to do the test. I reminded her that according to his IEP NO math tests will be timed....,,, I have hundreds of oarents backing me....,,, like a lawyer missy......ask an open ended question, but don't ask a question you don't know the answer too. These kids do homework every night and sometimes over the weekend and Holidays..... She informed me that she had sent me an email... I stopped her.. Xmas 'am did you send an email to me or an all call? Unless I answered it, there is no proof I received your email. Email Madame is NOT an effective form of communication, it is what some consider a convenient form of communication. Which means you send, I reply, we communicated. Which in this case did not happen... X sorry lady, you picked the wrong man to pick on..... See that? That's my ducks in a row !!!!!!

Well done! We need more parents to stand up to the machine we call our school system.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hey TGF,
Here's a video for you!!!
It's well worth watching!!!
Teacher conference...

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG !!!!! Where do you guys come up with this stuff? That my friend was a well needed laugh! Thank you....

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
OMG !!!!! Where do you guys come up with this stuff? That my friend was a well needed laugh! Thank you....

Here's another video for you!

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's funny when a prank goes badly wrong. I wonder how they recovered?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I've watched a few where it's gone wrong and a gun got pulled out and aimed at the guy doing the prank. You could hear the panic in this guy's voice when he showed him the gun.
Here's another teacher prank!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Ok, I couldn't help myself. Here's one more video! Lol

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I called his teacher out today. Remember educate yourself first and like a therapist/interrogator let them talk.....,,,,,,oh he did so well on his math test. I'm so proud of him. How did he do? He scored 75% I'm so proud......yes ma'am I am too. You and you're team and I and the tutor worked so hard with him. We know math is so hard for him. By the way, how long did you give him to take the test? Oh all the kids have 5 minutes........GOTCHA... Ma'am with all due respects, you are a very kind person. You have chosen a thankless job sometimes however, it's obvious you have forgotten our conversation yesterday. He has an IEP which clearly states his math tests are not to be timed. You have once again placed undue stress upon my boy. Yeah he passed this time, he got lucky . I'll be presenting my complaint on you, this school, the principal in writing to the superintendent of the school board within 7 days. Your actions Madame are completely unprofessional and uncalled for.... Why do we have an IEP if you, his teacher, chose not to follow it? Have a nice day ! And I left her room with her jaw pretty much hitting the floor..... If I don't stand for him..... Who will?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Well done!

Last edited:

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
102_4062.JPG 102_4063.JPG 102_4064.JPG

My Grandson and I being kids. being careful not to show the face of the next atronaut, or spacialexplorer.........notice his fingers say it all "PEACE" Thats what us world traveling beings believe in. However, we are AQUANAUTS Dont fear us. We began as a dream in your living rooms...........mommy why is the ocean blue???????????

An aquanaut is any individual who remains underwater, exposed to the ambient pressure, long enough to come into equilibrium with his or her breathing media. Usually this is done in an underwater habitat on the seafloor for a period equal to or greater than 24 continuous hours without returning to the surface. The term is often restricted to scientists and academics, though there were a group of military aquanauts during the SEALAB program. Commercial Divers in similar circumstances are referred to as Saturation Divers. An aquanaut is distinct from a submariner, in that a submariner is confined to a moving underwater vehicle such as a submarine that holds the water pressure out. Aquanaut derives from the Latin word aqua ("water") plus the Greek nautes ("sailor"), by analogy to the similar construction "astronaut".

The first human aquanaut was Robert Sténuit, who lived on board a tiny one-man cylinder at 200 feet (61 m) for 24 hours in September 1962 off Villefranche-sur-Mer on the French Riviera.[1][2][3] Military aquanauts include Robert Sheats, author Robin Cook, and astronauts Scott Carpenter and Alan Shepard. Civilian aquanaut Berry L. Cannon died of carbon dioxide poisoning during the U.S. Navy's SEALAB III project.[4][5][6] Scientific aquanauts include Richard Cooper, Stephen Neudecker, Al Waterfield, Jonathan Helfgott, Robert Dill, Sylvia Earle, Ian Koblick, Neil Monney, Chris Olstad, Joseph B. MacInnis,[7] John Perry, Harold "Wes" Pratt (on whom the character Matt "Winch" Hooper in Jaws was based), Phillip Sharkey, Dick Rutkowski, Alina Szmant, Bill High, Phil Nuytten, Matthew Morgan, Steven Miller, Morgan Wells, C. Lavett Smith and about 700 others, including the crew members (many of them astronauts) of NASA's NEEMO missions at the Aquarius underwater laboratory.

We are returning to our oceans. We gave you a nice piece of land..........................and the mermaids tell us you "mucked it up".............lord be with us all..................the occasional fishing would have been fine. but why must you over fish everything? The blue fin tuna, the Salmon...........get a grip man, get a grip..............................................the next thing you will be telling us is you've been seeing Hairy Creatures standing up walking the mountains........hes just scared like all of us. We need to have a real Tribal meeting!!!!!! Drop a bottle with a note, neptune will get it, then we can talk...........until then, god bless all of us. Yuo do believe in God dont you? You kind of need him, and Mother Earth to come together for a consensus on what's wrong topside before its too late...................... Ill be watching from a far.........listening, but Im always limited as to my scope of help. Send your man Child, Scott, R/C,GMD, Bill from lachine, GMD, Deiselram the builder...............Send that crazy wildman Togreenfeet, Hes a crazy one, He and i can suffer the fools. We can bring peace and harmony back or die trying!!!!!!!!!!!!!You are good people, let us give it a try. We shall make an appointment for a pow wow. 2GF is 3/4 Native American, we shall take him to see the great Spirit offer for him to go. I say he will go................he talks to the animals...........he doesnt trust the white man.......We need to meet him in the Spirit world" and go forward from there................let him Speak to Mother Earth........Im sure they have some catching up to do.........together we can save our planet, alone............we are like a single piece of sugar in a bottle of water waiting to make lemonade. Remember somedays you eat the bear.................and somedays the bear eat you.............what day do you chose tomorrow??????????

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread