Cristal Cave,near Kutztown........

nottinon

Apr 27, 2010
Fogelsville,Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was driving around,and saw a nice creek,by Cristal Cave,in Kutztown stopped and put the old hip wader's on,,,,
Started to dig behind a big rock,that had a big stump over it.......Went down about 4 feet,but I never seen so much Quartz in my life......With every shovel full,4-5-6 peaces of Quarts I got out of the hole....Some ,I could not move.Some Quartz was discolored with Iron,and than some were really white.
Lots of Black sand,but no visible gold,I must look at 20 x,to see if there is any fine gold in it,when it dries.
Can some one explain that to me,Quartz everywhere,lots of Black Sand,but no visible Gold.
I found a very intresting tree,that was loaded with Quartz,all around it,,Next time,I,m going to dig under that big tree,2 foot under the Quartz,is a huge rock,that looks like bedrock........
Here are some pictures....
#1578 is of the creek.
#1579 is of the creek also.
#1580 is of the stump.
#1583 is of the Quartz,and the tree.
#1585 is of the Black Sand.
#1587 is of the Black Sand,from 2 buckets.
#1557,is of the 1/4 mesh tub.

Attachments

• IMG_1578.JPG
    IMG_1578.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG_1579.JPG
    IMG_1579.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 464
  • IMG_1580.JPG
    IMG_1580.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 488
  • IMG_1583.JPG
    IMG_1583.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_1585.JPG
    IMG_1585.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 471
  • IMG_1587.JPG
    IMG_1587.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_1577.JPG
    IMG_1577.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 459
OP
OP
nottinon

nottinon

Apr 27, 2010
Fogelsville,Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did think of that,perhaps there was a mine ,but I never heard of one.And I have been around here for 50 Years.Now that being said,Maybe it has something to do with the Cristal Cave.It is a deep Cave,and the creek runs behind it.What I can't understand,is all the Quartz........Tons of it around....I got permission from the Farmer,to explore the severall Miles of his Property,and I seen rocks in the Creek,that are as big as a car,and They look like they ben there for a long time.......

On the other hand,the rocks are really huge,and I believe,there part of the bedrock.....Perhaps 4-5 feet down......I will dig some more in the hole that I started,just to find out,how dip it gos.
I will do some research on the Cave,to try to understand the geology better.
Thanks for the comment.

Here is a picture of a huge Quartz vane,the tree is growing around it.....Top of it....Side of it....Go figure.....
N

Attachments

• IMG_1584.JPG
    IMG_1584.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 439

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
The white quartz may be vein quartz, which is the white color of milk. Its definitely worth investigating that stuff further. Look for any signs of mineralization in the rock, which could be stains, veins, pyrite(s), gummy looking material, green crystals, etc. Also, even if you don't see any visible gold, it doesn't mean it isn't there. The gold could be locked up in sulfides. You should take some of the quartz with the aforementioned iron stains and grind them up, then pan them.

Also, I should mention a gold bearing vein doesnt always look like it has gold. See here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Gold_bearing_vein_Toi_Kinzan.jpg

OP
OP
nottinon

nottinon

Apr 27, 2010
Fogelsville,Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Astrobouncer
Thanks for the Link.......
That Vane,don't look like that,but I will go there in the next few days,and will take better pictures.
The only thing is that the tree roots are all over that Quartz.

I'm leaving for Arizona,with the Missy's on the 5 of July,I'm going to look at a 40 Acre Claim.......
Near Wickensburg,its 4 sale......Were also going to do some panning in Lynx Creek.Will spend a hole day there,that's all the time I will have.....Maybe I can find a picker there........
Picture is of the claim,look at all that black sand.......It is a dry creek.
Later

Attachments

• bed_creek.112.jpg
    bed_creek.112.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 410

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread