Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out sunday for a long day of detecting with 3cylbill. I did not find a whole lot besides these bells. Funny thing though, we were finding holes at one place from someone else digging. I start thinking I'm crazy cause I can't remember digging here and I never see anyone else around. Then a guy pops in from the road and runs over and picks up an old ball from a chain gang type thing. Turns out he and his buddy were there yesterday sweeping the place with their dues! haha. 20171112_184222_resized.jpg

Upvote 13

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on digging that pair. I have yet to dig 2 complete ones at one site.

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice. The lower one looks like the petal balls I find in W PA. The other is different. Does it have any details or stampings? Congrats!!

sugarquartz

Aug 1, 2017
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher F 75 LTD SE, Nel tornado coil, Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the bells i love finding them. 2 in one day is even better!! The petal one on the left is very nice this one is a bit older. Early 1800s to mid 1800s it may have a makers mark along the slot on the bottom. It was held onto the strap with a pin. The one on the right is a bit more modern"sleigh bell" that dates from 1860 till the early 20th century. It was held onto a leather strap along the belly of the horse with a small steel rivet or bolt that screwed into the top between the 4 holes . Very nice finds!!

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't forget the button i found ,one measley little button way back in the forest where you meet up with two guys sniffin cellar holes ???? They were here the day before with the feared deus metal detectors and left two bell and a button for us to find . We didn't find much but that just fuel the fire for the next hunt. I don't care if i find anything as long as i get to go back n time at these long forgotten cellers in he forest...

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crotal Bells are a great relic find. I display mine in a domed style bird cage, that way you can see them from any direction. Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread