Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this back a while ago. It cleaned up pretty good. Even rings now. I did some research on a few sites mentioned here and saw where they sometimes place foundry/makers initials. But, I've not seen nor heard where they put numbers on them. The one side is obvious, "4". But, the other side either says "N" or "IV".

Anyway, anyone seen this pattern before?

Thanks!
HH

Attachments

• CROTALBELL4.JPG
    CROTALBELL4.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 154
  • CROTALBELL3.JPG
    CROTALBELL3.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 134
  • CROTALBELL2.JPG
    CROTALBELL2.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 187
  • CROTALBELL1.JPG
    CROTALBELL1.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 199
Upvote 0
I don't know a thing about them, but it's a cool find

Here's a nice site! God Bless Chris Crotal bells - ukdfd

That was one of the sites I found in the archives here. It is a great site, very informative. But, it didn't answer my question about numbers. Unless, of course, I just didn't see.

But, thanks!

HH

That was one of the sites I found in the archives here. It is a great site, very informative. But, it didn't answer my question about numbers. Unless, of course, I just didn't see.

But, thanks!

HH

The 'N' needs researching for the maker, most likely. But the '4' is simply the size.

The 'N' needs researching for the maker, most likely. But the '4' is simply the size.

That makes sense. Even if the "N" turned out to be a "IV", it would still just be a size.

I saw no "N" on any site as a maker.

Thanks for your help!

HH

Much to the displeasure of my girlfriend, i bought a metal detector today. Much to the pleasure of me i found one of these today. my first day. i dont care what these are worth. I enjoy this and i am hooked.

Last edited:
The "IV" may be for the people who do not read english numbers........nge

I think it's an IV which as we all know is roman numeral for 4 if you had the whole set you would see that there would also be a I, II, III etc,etc... I was told that they are all graduated in size from small to large and if you lost one you could replace it, and as they each make a different tone, it would be important to replace it with the right one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back