Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was riding my board down at Little Bay Park this evening. There was a public dance event going down sponsored by the Parks Department and there were alot more people there than usual.
The tide was high so I couldn't go down to the shore to hunt for treasures and honestly I really just felt like relaxing. But as I rolled down the path my treasure senses started tingling.
I saw a couple with their eyes glued to the ground. I could tell they were looking for something.
I rolled up to the woman, hopped off my board and asked her what she was looking for. She told me she had just been walking along when one of the crowns on her teeth fell off and got lost in that general area.
I told her I would help her find it. The husband said they had been looking for it for several minutes already without any luck. I was confident I would find it for them in no time.
No more than 30 seconds later I spotted a glint in the grass and sure enough it was the woman's lost crown. The woman was really grateful and said her dentist would have killed her had it not been for me.
I said it was no problem at all and went on my way. Funny how things play out sometimes. :D

Upvote 12

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job Underminer! I was almost too afraid to read this post! I was fearful of it being about a Diamond tiera in a Park Avenue dumpster.....

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Good job UM!!...kind of reminds me of the movie I seen last week with the Grandkids...

OBN0340.jpg

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice save and return!
Ah ha! Do you actually use your detector, or is it a prop so you can use your tingling treasure senses undetected?

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NOW WE HAVE MINER CROWN FINDER . YOU WILL BE REWARDED FOR YOUR KINDNESS.

OP
OP
UnderMiner

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice save and return!
Ah ha! Do you actually use your detector, or is it a prop so you can use your tingling treasure senses undetected?

I've done many hunts this year with the ExCal-II on both the North and South shore beaches of Long Island, mostly aluminum cans and clad pulled up, not really worth a post in my opinion. The North shore in Queens which is closest to me is very contaminated and the interference on the Excal-II is easily the worst in the whole USA. Every swing there is a signal - the ground is literally seeded with metal-containing trash in the form of incinerator slag that was dumped here from the early-mid 20th century. Surprisingly I do manage to pull the occasional silver coin from this area, they come out black as coal.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then you know exactly what I deal with in a lot of the public places I hunt here. The city did the same with slag here. That's why I have this large park all to my self! Lol! When I first started detecting it I literally could not ground balance because there wasn't a clean coil size piece of ground to do that. It requires a lot of patience and being accustomed to your detector sounds.

There for- YOU ROCK!

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job Underminer! I was almost too afraid to read this post! I was fearful of it being about a Diamond tiera in a Park Avenue dumpster.....

Knowing the way you are with finding treasure in the trash its kind of wat I was thinking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions