Crushed ore material identification.

arthos

Jun 16, 2017
Suprise, AZ
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Gold Trap; Explorer. Garrett Gold Pans. Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Off a mine dump on a old mine not listed on meds. Heavy heavy iron content. As you can see there is a few specs of gold in the sub 50 mesh, but I'm really curious what this heavy blond material could be. It is really heavy sticks to the pan seems to react I'm the pan same as the gold as far as weight. But under magnification it looks like blond sand...take m th word for it, definitely not light silica as it visually appears to be.
20200314_105328.jpg 20200314_091635.jpg 20200314_092835.jpg

Any ideas what the blond material could be?
(This is a different location from thread in general prospecting forum)

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only guess maybe Limonite by the color of it.

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ive gotten these yellow colored heavys before in my ore.
I think it's sheelite, funny to watch folks expression when your tablin the stuff, big fat yeller line coming off the end.
Tell them yeah we're rich ! give em a minute to look at it they catch on.

See if I can crush up some today get a pic show what I'm talking about.
With the miners lens my stuff is translucent yellow making me think it's sheelite.
Haven't tried any other ways of identification, but save all the ore of this type I find.
Gt....

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know a guy who called his former mine operation Sheelite Metals. He just went bust and has called me asking what his equipments worth and if I know of anyone interested in buying any of it. He did list an Eimco 911 LHD mucker for 5 grand on Ebay and it got snatched up real quick, as that's a great little loader for a small underground operation.

OP
OP
arthos

arthos

Jun 16, 2017
Suprise, AZ
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Gold Trap; Explorer. Garrett Gold Pans. Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gt scheelight makes sense, as there are some tungston mines in the general area. I think you hit the nail on the head!

Thanks!

Arthos

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I know a guy who called his former mine operation Sheelite Metals. He just went bust and has called me asking what his equipments worth and if I know of anyone interested in buying any of it. He did list an Eimco 911 LHD mucker for 5 grand on Ebay and it got snatched up real quick, as that's a great little loader for a small underground operation.

Virus or just played out.
Gt ..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions