Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I spotted a new beach from the highway last month! It’s an area where there used to be a Drawbridge. Currently it’s a big mile long arcing bridge. And I could see the rubble from the old road below, so I figured it was a good spot to detect. We have some good daytime minus tides, and after helping my wife on her produce farm, I got to swing for a little bit.

The mud was incredibly thick and I ended up going barefoot. I think a lot of Fill got brought in, but there were parts where the mud had eroded down to pebbles and Debris.

My first time here I found a couple wheat pennies. My next find on another visit was a silver Washington. And I was really just cherry picking for Coins, lots of nails in construction debris. I got an aluminum washer that looks like a silver dollar.

Anyways, right where my path Intersected the debris pile, a very juicy 33/34 shallow signal came up on my equinox. By hand, I shuffled some of the sulfur smelling mud around, and I saw the brown-black disc! I trotted to the water and rinsed it off, and I saw a lady liberty in the form of a straight bar down the middle. That’s how I identify walking liberty halves, the obverse has a thick raised part which is lady liberties head, torso, and leg.

I spent about an hour here, I will be back. But,for some reason this is a secondary beach for me, and I don’t think I’m gonna find a whole lot. A modern quarter and modern dime was found along with my silver half dollar treasure.

I didn’t mean for the crust to come off, but the crust came almost fully off.
62F4FBDE-FA59-4DFD-AADC-07EFE9C66599.jpeg

437876B2-257E-4F93-B0C2-5E2E811DDE9D.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 21

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils -Minelab Manticore-
-Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice save. Definately worth a trip back i say. I agree with thrifty lots of halfs being posted. Including my 44 half I saved last week.

OP
OP
CoinFetcher

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted yesterdays find because I saw all the other halves… I wanted to join the party!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find, congrats!

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The gov't minted so many halves in 42-45 during the war that it's no surprise when one is found on here it has one of those dates. 1936 was another huge year for halves. Gary

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice!!! Silver halves are cheap this month, I’ve dug 2, one Barbie and a walker. Excellent job sir!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions