ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cru'Teams Gold Coin Collection...

This is Cru'Dad & I's total collection of gold coins. Roughly speaking I found 70% of them. I still remember as a kid when I joined this great hobby & all I wanted to find was just 1 Celtic Gold. However, it took at least 20 years to get my first, but everyone is a golden memory!
One such memory is the 1777 Guinea that Cru'Dad found. He went on a short weekend caravanning holiday & decided to take along the detector. On arriving he asked the owner if he could have a quick go around his land & the OK was given. After a couple of hours of digging the usual junk he got 1 last signal before it was too dark to see. With very little enthusiasm he dug what he knew would be another piece of junk, only to be faced with that little beauty. The landowner was more than surprised/grateful when Cru'dad showed him & offered him more cash to keep it, than they had spent on the weekend pitch....lol
UPDATE:
Just added this one!
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...g-but-celtic-gold-popped-out.html#post4727206

Note to self, need to update with these:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/508542-cru-dad-s-australian-gold.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...e-roman-silver-gold-hammered.html#post5140050

Attachments

• Gold Coins - 27 Sep 15.JPG
    Gold Coins - 27 Sep 15.JPG
    482.4 KB · Views: 1,470
  • Gold Coins- 27 Sep 15.JPG
    Gold Coins- 27 Sep 15.JPG
    392.9 KB · Views: 1,294
Last edited:
Upvote 84
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This post is what makes this section the best of the best. Wow! I am humbled!

Thanks, but as you know this is 2 peoples efforts over many years. Having said that our skill at finding the right areas helps.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to update it again!

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Updated the top post.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is Cru'Dad & I's total collection of gold coins. Roughly speaking I found 70% of them. I still remember as a kid when I joined this great hobby & all I wanted to find was just 1 Celtic Gold. However, it took at least 20 years to get my first, but everyone is a golden memory!
One such memory is the 1777 Guinea that Cru'Dad found. He went on a short weekend caravanning holiday & decided to take along the detector. On arriving he asked the owner if he could have a quick go around his land & the OK was given. After a couple of hours of digging the usual junk he got 1 last signal before it was too dark to see. With very little enthusiasm he dug what he knew would be another piece of junk, only to be faced with that little beauty. The landowner was more than surprised/grateful when Cru'dad showed him & offered him more cash to keep it, than they had spent on the weekend pitch....lol
UPDATE:
Just added this one!
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...g-but-celtic-gold-popped-out.html#post4727206

Wow! Look at all that gold :icon_sunny:I bought my first detector in 1985 and have yet to dig a gold coin. I guess I might have to go to the UK if I want to find one!

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Look at all that gold :icon_sunny:I bought my first detector in 1985 and have yet to dig a gold coin. I guess I might have to go to the UK if I want to find one!

Took me 20 years or so to get my first Celtic Gold.:thumbsup:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done. That is the most enviable picture that I have ever seen on TNet. Wow and wow...

TheGreatNorth

Sep 6, 2015
Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATGOLD w/every coil..
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... Now that is an impressive collection! Thanks for sharing!

Stanislav M

Oct 30, 2015
Detector(s) used
Fisher F 70. Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow
I love England
I gather command, ship with black flag and travel England
:thumbsup:

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
It doesn't get any better than that Cru. Those Celtics are awesome, but my favorites are those hammered beauties. Incredible collection that I know you guys are proud of.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow......I mean WOW!!!! I am still wowed by this :laughing7:

CRU :notworthy: CRU-DAD :notworthy:

Last edited:

Benjamin52

Apr 26, 2011
Germany
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS :-:
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simply incredible. I've been sitting here for half an hour just looking at all the awesome details. I know many people would not understand but I know this is the product of hundreds of hours of hard work, sweat and blood! Keep up the great work!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on an awesome collection of GOLD!!! :2barsgold:

I have included a pic of all the GOLD coins I have found so far. Enjoy!

box.png

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simply incredible. I've been sitting here for half an hour just looking at all the awesome details. I know many people would not understand but I know this is the product of hundreds of hours of hard work, sweat and blood! Keep up the great work!

Your very correct. We average about 500 hours a year per person, so about 1000 hours for the both of us. That means experience, about where to spend the most valuable asset - Time. Targeting the sites, & finding them in the first place, takes years of trial & error, plus good research assisted by Land-Mag.:thumbsup:

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you got enough there to turn them in for melt haha. Any one of those is what most people would consider the find of a lifetime. That is a very impressive collection. I noticed that the smaller ones near the top look like they might have a little copper alloy in them do you have any idea what the standard was back then?

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you got enough there to turn them in for melt haha. Any one of those is what most people would consider the find of a lifetime. That is a very impressive collection. I noticed that the smaller ones near the top look like they might have a little copper alloy in them do you have any idea what the standard was back then?

Sorry for the delayed response.

The smaller ones are rose gold. They all are about 22 ct(ish), whether yellow or rose they all had some copper to harden (plus trace metals). The top right is a copper core & gold plated, these are thought to be contemporary imitations/fakes.
The craftsmanship of the Celtic Tribes 2000 years ago, is hard to replicate today! They got the weights nearly spot on.

Last edited:

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old post, but those pictures made my knees weak and my heart pound!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful collection of coins, congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread