OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For some reason, it doesn't show the pics uploading...

ForumRunner_20150222_165510.png

ForumRunner_20150222_165819.png

ForumRunner_20150222_165510.png

Upvote 0
OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was my first suspicion. But I found it at the mouth of an old zinc mine and wasn't sure of the relationship between zinc and quartz. Thanks for the reply and wish I could see your specimen as well, but this stupid phone won't let me see or upload pics lately lol

Upvote 0

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Absolutely. It's difficult to put a price on specimens. People are willing to pay different prices. I've seen similar specimens for about $25-$35. -Luke

Upvote 0
OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Luke. I wouldn't sell that one as I picked it up for my fiance and looks awesome as decoration, but theres a lot more where I found that one, that I have absolutely no emotional attachment too lol

Upvote 0
OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My phone finally let me see yours too. Awesome specimen!!! If only I had the native gold that y'all have in the Carolinas, here in Arkansas lol

Upvote 0

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with everything BurntBear wrote! Zinc is found most commonly in Metamorphic and Igneous rocks and you have both in Arkansas. Also, Quartz is most often found in these as well but can be also found in Sedimentary rocks. You are probably not all that far from Hot Springs where a lot of Gem quality Quartz is found and mined. In fact, some of the finest Gem quality Quartz comes from Ron Coleman's and Jim Coleman's Quartz Mines just outside of Hot Springs. They often find enormous clear Quartz Crystals and even large Geodes filled with beautiful Quartz Crystals. Keep looking and you may find some extremely large specimens cover with Gem quality clear Quartz Crystals.

Frank

Upvote 0

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
That was my first suspicion. But I found it at the mouth of an old zinc mine and wasn't sure of the relationship between zinc and quartz. Thanks for the reply and wish I could see your specimen as well, but this stupid phone won't let me see or upload pics lately lol

:laughing7:I thought you could only buy smart phones....

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread