Crystal eagle with gold head.

isabella1

Mar 2, 2013
I bought this today. The ones online say it has A 18k gold head. But when I test it with the acid test it doesn't stay. The metal is atleast 1mm thick On the head. But I guess it's not real?
image-221739486.jpg

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like a high end piece. But an 18k gold head would seem to be very unusual to me unless it is some sort of state treasure.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess is, that it is nowhere near 1mm thick and is actually too thin to get a positive reading or it is not real gold. 1mm is very very thick for something that is gold plated. Gold plating is usually measured in microns. A quality watch case that is gold plated may be up to 20 microns thick, that is 1/5 the thickness of a human hair or 1/50th of a mm. Sounds thin right? That actually exceeds (by far) the 2.5 microns required by the FTC for "heavy gold plate". That's my 2 cents.

Last edited:

woodstock

Feb 7, 2008
The Great Northwoods
Detector(s) used
F 75 Ltd ~ And many others
Is it Crystal ? Does it have any serial numbers or just numbers and a makers mark ? Is it hollow or full based ? Or is it a bottle ? It would help to know this stuff cause it could help determine if it's high end enough to justify a 18K headpiece .
IMHO , Woodstock

OP
OP
I

isabella1

Mar 2, 2013
No serial numbers. It is solid, the only marking says made in Germany. There was one online, of course it is on worth point that I don't want a membership for. I will add a picture of the lip of the head. It's as thick as a quarter. Stands a lil over 10" tall 9" wide.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread