Crystal hunt with Fossis

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Yesterday, my bud Fossis picked me up and we hit the logging roads for another day of adventure and crystal hunting.

It was a beautiful day to be out in the wilderness near the AR/OK border. We jumped 4 deer, saw an armadillo out in the sun, and found a perfect camping spot down by a very picturesque river. Fossis snapped a pic of me by the river, and we came away with some nice rocks to boot.

I need to soak some in oxcylic acid to clean them up better. Even found a nice double-terminated crystal.

Ended up being a lot farther Southwest than we thought, you lose track of time and distance when you hunt as you go. ;D

Attachments

• cluster.JPG
    cluster.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 270
  • doubleTerm.JPG
    doubleTerm.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 273
  • scottRiver1.JPG
    scottRiver1.JPG
    265 KB · Views: 278

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had a 'great day' out in the pines, but we really lucked out because my truck went on the blink after I got home from our trip, so we were lucky it didn't happen miles from anywhere yesterday. :tongue3:

Fossis.............

OP
OP
scotto

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
fossis said:
We had a 'great day' out in the pines, but we really lucked out because my truck's water pump went on the blink after I got home from our trip, so we were lucky it didn't happen miles from anywhere yesterday. :tongue3:

Fossis.............

Holy moly! Man, we'd have been in trouble there, miles from any cell phone signal and all...... :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread