got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok I have put a lot of thought in to this. And have got with some guys that I know to help me. Here are a few pix of the plate before it's in the box and off to be worked on. HH...

CS PLATE 001.JPG CS PLATE 004.JPG CS PLATE 005.JPG CS PLATE 002.JPG CS PLATE 003.JPG

Upvote 14
That C is nice. Hope you can dig the S to go with it. HH...

Who is doing the restoration, if you don't mind me asking...d2

Very nice piece...aside from the visible damage, it looks to be a solid candidate for professional restoration...can't wait to see the end result!...ddf

I dug one like yours down at Shelbyville, Tennessee years ago.....except mine was in 9 pieces! It was all there but broke....I sent it to Robert McDaniel down in Alabama and he fixed it. He is great to deal with and can repair just about any relic. Congrats on a great and rare find!

Who is doing the restoration, if you don't mind me asking...d2

d2 Mr. McDaniel in AL. will be doing the work. Good call Tennessee digger. HH...

I dug one like yours down at Shelbyville, Tennessee years ago.....except mine was in 9 pieces! It was all there but broke....I sent it to Robert McDaniel down in Alabama and he fixed it. He is great to deal with and can repair just about any relic. Congrats on a great and rare find!

Do you have the before and after pictures to show?

d2 Mr. McDaniel in AL. will be doing the work. Good call Tennessee digger. HH...

That's the Guy I would want working on my relics.
Good Call.

He did some repair on my US belt plate too. Great guy and great artisan...d2

Robert restored my star buckle several years ago. I also had him unbend a eagle sword plate. Both turned out
great! Once again congratulations on a stunning find! You are making the right decision. Robert told me don't try
to work on these fragile pieces of brass; let the experts do the restoration.

Awesome cant wait to see it when its done !!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back