CS Staff Officers DW Button dug by Tenn. Josh in U.S. Inf. Camp-Authenticated!!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CS Staff Officer's DW Button dug by Tenn. Josh in U.S. Inf. Camp-Authenticated!!

The Tennessee Trio hunted a U.S. Infantry camp hard in Feb. that was used 12 days in Dec. 1862 by the 72nd Ind., 74th Ind. & 105th Ohio Inf. We found many U.S. Eagle buttons-most were GS and a couple Eagle "I"s. On Feb. 24, Tenn. Josh dug what looked like a CS droop wing Eagle button. He has not had time to take it to be authenticated. I met him yesterday and made a pic of some of the relics he had recovered from that camp as was requested by the Editor of North South Trader's Civil War Magazine. The pics may be published along with other relics found there by the Trio for an article in their next issue.
I submitted a pic to Tennessee Digger, Tom Hays of Stones River Trading Company, and Plez Bagby of Virginia Civil War Relics. All 3 of these individuals (who I consider as CW relic experts) verify it IS a Confederate button. WTG Tenn. Josh and HH, Quindy.

Attachments

• Tenn. Josh's Droop Wing CS Staff Off. button.jpg
    Tenn. Josh's Droop Wing CS Staff Off. button.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 399
Upvote 0

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now THAT...is one SWEET button! WHOA!

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Quindy...... did you ever see the backmark? That is a good'un for sure. Tennessee digger

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Josh says "thanks" JC, JWG, Dave, and Donnie. Dman, I bet you were going to walk and hunt that exact spot in the tent lines at the rear of the camp but Josh beat you to it-LOL. Seem like I've heard that one before. Q.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the CSA button is !! Awesome !! Another featured story is outstanding .. Get some more before the bugs take over , Tenn 3 .. 8)

dawg

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the CSA button is !! Awesome !! Another featured story is outstanding .. Get some more before the bugs take over , Tenn 3 .. 8)

dawg
Dawg, it is solid and had a secure shank too. Looks like it came from an old mill site-LOL Tenn. .Josh's best b utton to date. HH my friend, Q.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dawg
Dawg, it is solid and had a secure shank too. Looks like it came from an old mill site-LOL Tenn. .Josh's best b utton to date. HH my friend, Q.
:laughing7: I know your anticipating an overdue mill thread # XII .. Quindy , hopefully this Spring searches will be the "Most" $uccessful hunts of the continuing saga of the 1700's old grist and saw mill site . It keeps on giving up outrageous quantities of Colonial good $tuff
dawg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread